“Week-end adventure”

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Alexandria, Virginia
“Week-end adventure”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Food was veery reasonable. Had the ribs which were OK nothing special but not bad. My wife had a salad whiich again OK nothing special.

• Visited August 2013

“Not as nice as I had hoped, would not go again”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

This meal was basically something you would expect at a Ruby Tuesdays or other chain, lots of pre-made, pre-fried things, nothing outstanding or worth writing about. The nachos were terrible, which is a shame because the waitress recommended them as the best appetizer on the menu...anyway I give it a three because the waitress was pleasant and the fried things were fried properly. Don't dress up - I wore a nice sundress and felt overdressed and conspicuous. The couple next to us ordered a tea and then left which is what we should have done.

• Visited August 2013
Woodbury Heights, New Jersey
“Happy Hour”
Reviewed August 22, 2013

Reaonable prices, good happy hour specials, pleasant wait staff. Live entertainment was fun; lots of locals.

Brecksville, Ohio
“Celebrating our 50th Anniversary”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We enjoyed a delicious (and reasonably priced) dinner in a darling Speakeasy Bar/Restaurant. Bottles of wine were offered for $10 per bottle with two entrees. Surprisingly, the wine was good for such an inexpensive price. Dessert was yummy.

Spotsylvania, Virginia
“It's ok..”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was expecting more from the Speakeasy. I stayed at the Mimslyn many years ago before the renovation and was excited to try out this restaurant. Maybe it was just a bad night. the appetizers we got were good. I was not excited about the ribeye steak. I prefer grilled and this was not and though I asked for it plain it still adorned with bacon pieces and tasted more like bacon than steak. I LOVE a good ribeye...it's the only steak I eat so I was disappointed that it did not taste very good. The server we had was wonderful and friendly.

Visited August 2013

Been to Speakeasy Bar? Share your experiences!