“Celebrating our 50th Anniversary”
Review of Speakeasy Bar

Speakeasy Bar
Ranked #6 of 39 Restaurants in Luray
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 8, 2013

We enjoyed a delicious (and reasonably priced) dinner in a darling Speakeasy Bar/Restaurant. Bottles of wine were offered for $10 per bottle with two entrees. Surprisingly, the wine was good for such an inexpensive price. Dessert was yummy.

There are newer reviews for Speakeasy Bar

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was expecting more from the Speakeasy. I stayed at the Mimslyn many years ago before the renovation and was excited to try out this restaurant. Maybe it was just a bad night. the appetizers we got were good. I was not excited about the ribeye steak. I prefer grilled and this was not and though I asked for it plain it still adorned with bacon pieces and tasted more like bacon than steak. I LOVE a good ribeye...it's the only steak I eat so I was disappointed that it did not taste very good. The server we had was wonderful and friendly.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

My husband and I had a one night at the Mimslyn Inn. We enjoyed a wine tasting in the Speakeasy Bar and decided to stick around for a romantic dinner. The bar is located on the lower level of the beautiful historic hotel. There are booths with leather benches along the wall and a few couches. The staff are all neatly dressed in professional black and white attire. They are pleasant, attentive, and easy going...no rushing around or clanking plates here. The live band started to play at 7pm with a smooth, swanky sound. The prices were very affordable! $1 steamed crabs and $10 bottles of wine with the purchase of any entree. Our wine, entrees and dessert were the perfect portion and prepared bad served with care. We will certainly be back during our next visit.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

We visited the Mimslyn Inn a year ago and stayed for a couple of days, eating on their front porch, in the Circa '31 restaurant and enjoying the more casual Speakeasy restaurant downstairs.
So, when we found our selves seeking dinner after a day spent on the Shenandoah River (kayaking) and hiking a couple nearby trails, we stopped in here as a family for some food.

The service was just as GREAT this time as it was the last time we were hear... same servers in fact! The menu is fresh, diverse and unique as well. We took advantage of a happy hour deal of half priced appetizers and got the crab and artichoke dip, which can with some really nice bread.

For dinner we got a combo rib/chicken meal, braised beef and the prime rib sandwich. All were prepared very nicely! We really enjoyed the freshness and flavors! Plus, they have a great deal of a bottle of wine for $10 with an entrée!

We would HIGHLY recommend this place when in the area! It's amazing that you can drive all through Luray and no really know this place is here. It's clearly a local favorite as well, as it's always got a great crowd. And they have live music nearly every night.

Dress is very casual. We came in wearing swim trunks and were greeted and treated no different than had we dressed up.

We'll MOST DEFINITELY be back!!

1  Thank J E
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Just had drinks, just in town for the night, looking for a good time. Checked this place out, had good reviews, lives up to the reviews.

Been to Speakeasy Bar? Share your experiences!