“Very Disappointing!”

Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
“Very Disappointing!”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

While camping in the area this restaurant came highly recommended by locals. We had a large group that showed up without reservations for dinner. As the place was not busy they quickly put tables together to accommodate our 10 people. Our waitress was very nice and offered great service..... and that was the end of anything good on this visit. My husband ordered a steak. The steak was very thin and full of fat. I've never seen so much grease on a steak or on a plate. And for a price of $20 you would expect more. This was the worst steak he had ever had. My burger was bland and greasy. Two of the meals... both chicken came out burnt beyond being edible. The cooks nor the waitress should have never even considered sending a dish that burnt to the table. The waitress was quick to take it back and replace with new when we complained.
Out of 10 meals ordered not one was even close to being a great or even good meal. The grilled chicken sandwich was cold in the center. The portions of the sides were small and all seemed to be out of a box or a can. The buffet offered only a handful of items that looked like they had been there for quite some time.
We had planned on breakfast there the following morning but after a dinner that left us queasy we decided against it. I would not recommend this place nor would I ever return. My family and I travel a lot. We rarely eat fast food and always enjoy hidden gems and down home cooking. After this experience I think next time I'm in the area I will take my chances at the MacDonald's down the road.

• Visited July 2013

“Good option for breakfast ...”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate here for breakfast two days while visiting Luray. The first day we ordered from the menu and we were both pleased with the quality of food. They kept the coffee flowing, which was very much welcomed by my mild caffeine addiction. The restaurant is clean and the wait staff is very friendly with above average charm.

We were served a decent amount of food for the price. An omelet, 3 buttermilk pancakes, 2 coffees, and an orange juice for under 20.00 felt like a good deal to us.

We ate the buffet the next day. While the selection was good and the quality average, the price of 9.00 a person seemed a little steep for what was offered. We thought we had a better deal with simply ordering from the menu like the previous day.

Luray doesn't really have very many options for breakfast, so this may be one of your better bets from our experience.

So, in a nutshell, 4 stars for the menu, 3 stars for the buffet.

Visited July 2013
Seaford, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average restaurant for dinner”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Although highly recommended from others, we were not impressed by the food. The staff was friendly, but dinner was not. I order chicken parm and the wife order salmon cakes. Her cakes tasted like canned tuna while my chicken was not warm. I would assume they have good breakfast tho.

Ravenna, Ohio
“Great value”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a great place to eat hidden close to the caverns . I am so glad I missed the turn to go eat at a chain restaurant ; the food is as home made as you can get and the buffet was to die for . My wife and I plan to return there on next years vacation .

Columbus, Ohio
“Great Breakfast Option”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The buffet was the best value option. It had all your breakfast meats, eggs, waffles, pancakes, french toast sticks, and more. Your choice of juice is included in the price.

Visited July 2013

Been to Brookside Restaurant? Share your experiences!