“Good option for breakfast ...”

Brookside Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 38 Restaurants in Luray
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good option for breakfast ...”
Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate here for breakfast two days while visiting Luray. The first day we ordered from the menu and we were both pleased with the quality of food. They kept the coffee flowing, which was very much welcomed by my mild caffeine addiction. The restaurant is clean and the wait staff is very friendly with above average charm.

We were served a decent amount of food for the price. An omelet, 3 buttermilk pancakes, 2 coffees, and an orange juice for under 20.00 felt like a good deal to us.

We ate the buffet the next day. While the selection was good and the quality average, the price of 9.00 a person seemed a little steep for what was offered. We thought we had a better deal with simply ordering from the menu like the previous day.

Luray doesn't really have very many options for breakfast, so this may be one of your better bets from our experience.

So, in a nutshell, 4 stars for the menu, 3 stars for the buffet.

Visited July 2013

Seaford, Delaware
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Average restaurant for dinner”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Although highly recommended from others, we were not impressed by the food. The staff was friendly, but dinner was not. I order chicken parm and the wife order salmon cakes. Her cakes tasted like canned tuna while my chicken was not warm. I would assume they have good breakfast tho.

Ravenna, Ohio
“Great value”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is a great place to eat hidden close to the caverns . I am so glad I missed the turn to go eat at a chain restaurant ; the food is as home made as you can get and the buffet was to die for . My wife and I plan to return there on next years vacation .

Columbus, Ohio
“Great Breakfast Option”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

The buffet was the best value option. It had all your breakfast meats, eggs, waffles, pancakes, french toast sticks, and more. Your choice of juice is included in the price.

Visited July 2013
Ashtabula, Ohio
“The best restaurant I have ever been to!”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We had breakfast at this restaurant twice. Best off the menu breakfast I ever had. Then on Sunday we had the breakfast buffet. Everything was soooooo good and homemade. You have to eat there when visiting Luray Va. YUMMMMM!