“Great atmospher! A must in summer time!”
Review of Rancho Viejo

Rancho Viejo
Ranked #13 of 39 Restaurants in Luray
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Luray, Virginia
“Great atmospher! A must in summer time!”
Reviewed December 21, 2010

I go all the time great staff an speedy service! I go with small and large groups. Very affordable drink specials during the week!

Virgina
“A great place to eat!!!”
Reviewed December 28, 2009

I live in Stanley VA which is 10 miles form luray. I go to ranchos alot with my boyfriend and best friends to get together when some of us get home from college to hangout and catch up on things. Ranchos is a great place to eat. Ive been there quite a few times, As soon as you get there you get seated and they bring you the best tasting tortilla chips salsa and this white salsa, which is absolutely amazing. I order different things each time. But each time i get my food it tastes great. The fajita for one are brought out still sizzling on an iron skillet with rice, refried beans, salad with tortillas on a seperate plate, it tastes great. The people that work there are great. The atmosphere is great. You can sit outside on a hot summer day near the beautiful fountain and eat. Also on your birthday if you tell them they bring out a sombrero and put it on your hear and sing happy birthday to you in their language then feed you a cherry and smear whip cream on your face, its hilarious to watch. Its happend to me and my friend once. The prices are great. and the food portions are just as good. I would recomend this to everyone, young and old.

Virginia
“Will never go back!!!!”
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We recently ate at Rancho Viejo.....they were not at all busy....but we left mad. The service is terrible.....We repeatedly asked for silverwear and were pretty much ignored. Our table included 4 people..my husband, myself, and our 2 young children. When our food finally arrived our children ended up waiting about 20 extra minutes for thiers, because they forgot their food. So after the kids shared our food we asked to have thier food to go. We waited another 15 mins for that. Our bill came to $75 and consisted of 4 drinks, 2 tacos, 1 burrito, and a $17.95 "steak" dinner (which my husband ordered, but it was actually Pork, was about as thick as a knife blade and too over cooked to chew) . We tried to explain that there was some sort of discrepence with the bill....but the staff insisted that there was no mix up...and when we tried to reveiw the bill with them , they seemed to develope some kind of language berrier. Racho Viejo was the worse dinning experience of my life....and we will never go back.

Brussels, Belgium
“very average”
Reviewed September 7, 2009

Our dinner here was unremarkable. We first asked to be seated outside, but had to retreat inside because other patrons' cigarette smoke was blowing in our direction. The "atmosphere" inside -- though smoke free -- was nothing special. There are booths and tables, a somewhat cheesy Mexican decor, and a couple of TVs broadcasting news/sports. Our food was reasonably priced and generously sized, but very average. My shrimp had a weird taste. I ate a few and fortunately did not get sick. Maybe it was just something to do with how they cooked them? The dish came with vegetables, rice and some iceberg lettuce with sour cream-type dressing on top, as well as refried beans and white (microwaved?) tortillas. My dish had too much sauce -- the shrimp and veggies were swimming in it. My husband had steak fajitas, which he liked. The server was friendly.
Overall this was ok but I would not return.