“Bedbugs in Cozy Cabin C10”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Luray
Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Luray
Ranked #1 of 15 Specialty Lodging in Luray
Reviewed October 24, 2013

We stayed there one night, The staff was pleasant; the cabin was cute. The activities looked like they would have been fun had they been open when we were there. We would have planned a return for another visit had I not discovered bedbugs on our sheets when we woke up.

We woke to find our sheets, pillowcases and pajamas marked with smears of blood. I then saw several brown flat, round bugs about the diameter of a pencil eraser sitting on a sheet. One burst with blood on the sheet when I started to pick it up. Upon returning home, I confirmed that those insects were bedbugs by comparing bedbug images with the insects that I had dealt with. Needless to say, besides washing everything else, we have thrown away our luggage and many linens as a result. (It doesn't seem that big a deal in light of bedbugs, but there also were 30-40 stinkbugs in the cabin when we got there.)

I have informed the staff about the infestation.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Tina C

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Good clean bathrooms, nice clean cabins: nothing fancy but set in the woods. When we visited, kids were trick-or-treating so the place even has a feel of neighborliness among the transient vacationers. Kids can roam around and there's a fantastic, gigantic trampoline that'll occupy the kids for hours. Cabins are set among trees/forests turning colors in fall. However, the big downside is that it feels like a congested trailer park with all the RVs and very small space in between. Just watch where you're driving with all the kids running around/in between.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bbear72
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We have a 3 and a 5 year old and have tent camped with them several times. This was our first stay at any Jellystone Park and we reserved a cabin (because we were fleeing a tent camping trip at another location gone wrong). This is a great place to stay with little ones because there are so many things to do. The ladies room was always clean with plenty of hot water for the showers. The staff was beyond friendly and helpful. The camping cabin was fine, no frills but exactly as expected (though you can reserve a cabin with more frills). The water features on the putt-putt course and the paddle boats could use a little TLC, but we all had a great time with them. There were a ton of fun Halloween activities planned. I thought the golf cart rental fee was a little steep, but it was nice that the other activities were included in cabin rental. Though we didn't have any issues with noise b/c we were elevated and in the woods, we could hear several particularly rowdy campers below which would have made tent camping with little ones difficult, though everyone was quiet after 11. Every single staff interaction we had was a pleasant one. We will definitely go again, and look forward to visiting when the pool and water slide are open.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We decided to end the summer by spending the weekend at Jellystone. It was a nice weekend trip. Rented a cabin that was clean...the bathroom was spotless. We didn't encounter any of the problems that I had read about. No flies (I brought bug spray just in case). No late night noise. No kids zooming around on golf carts. The rangers patrolled the park regularly to make sure all rules were being obeyed. But be FOREWARNED...just because you 'reserve' a golf cart at busy times, doesn't mean you will get one. The rangers said they are always overbooked. You will get one eventually but only when people check out/return them. Lots of activities for the kids...more geared for younger kids than tweens or teens. But my tweens had a good time. One helpful hint that I will pass on is to bring a fan....the cabins have a window air conditioner in the living room area and we were glad we had a fan to help move some of the cold air back to the bedroom. It was a hot weekend and really made a big difference during the night. All the employees we encountered were helpful and pleasant.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay! Kept kids busy, lots of things for family to do together. Camp rangers very helpful and courteous, thank you!! We will be back next year! Also, geocachers, there is a nice little find hidden here. Have fun!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Sandymo2
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We all had a GREAT family trip to Jellystone Park in Luray. This was our first camping experience and decided on the comfy cabin (didn't want it to be too nice by choosing the cottage). The cabin was VERY clean (I was very impressed/surprised). Our unit had a pretty new looking fridge and the bathroom toilet and shower stall looked better than some hotels I've stayed in (better in the sense of no rust or dirtiness). The beds....well, they weren't very comfortable but we were supposed to be roughing it anyway.

They had plenty of fun activities for the kids. We played laser tag outside, did a little hiking, mini golf and played in the pool. The kids were to have no electronics the 3 days we stayed and they didn't miss them at all. (Btw - 3 days were enough for us.)

The only downside from the stay were the flies!!!!! More flies than I've ever seen. Luckily, we all enjoyed the other parts of the park or the flies alone could have made the trip unbearable. Our 14 y.o. will have to bring a friend with him next time to make it more enjoyable. The park is geared more towards the younger kids.

Everyone working there was very nice....staff in the offices as well as staff facilitating the activities. They were all very pleasant.

Room Tip: C48 was close to pool, playground, pillow bounce.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This was our second travel trailer trip to this location. The Park is great and there is so much to do near by. We have two teenagers and stayed 5 days so it was nice that within 5 miles there were a lot of activities to pick from, a WalMart and various fast food for convenience. The per night rate is high but inclusive of the amenities which was a good value for my family of four. The Rangers were friendly and attentive. We didn't have any mosquito issues but the flies at our camp site were relentless. I made sure my site never had food or garbage out, fly traps which didn't really work, flyswatters and a fan blowing in my direction where I would sit. Next time I will bring a pop up screen house! We never could get an internet connection and my Verizon phone roamed constantly so make sure you remember the charger.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
The Cardinal Inn
#4 of 9 in Luray
Best Western Intown Luray
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park Camp-Resort Luray? Share your experiences!