“Off Road Fun”

Appalachian Adventures
Ranked #3 of 3 Tours in Luray
More attraction details
Owner description: RENTALS: ATVs, Jet-skis, canoes, fishing, party boats, and MORE! For things to do in Luray, VA. WE BASE OUR OPERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING A GREAT EXPERIENCE BASED ON RESPECT AND FAIRNESS.
Reviewed April 1, 2014

Me and my husband went on a ATV Tour for my birthday. It was great experience and our guide was awesome. The view from the top of the mountains was beautiful. I'm glad we choose the 2 hour trip because an hour would not have been enough time. The guide was helpful in pointing out wildlife during the ride and providing some guidance on how to properly ride the ATV. This was a good experience overall from the ATV Tour to customer service. Hopefully we will get a chance to come back during the summer.

1  Thank Leisure_Love

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Recently went on the ATV Tour with my boyfriend. We did the 2 hour tour, which was definitely worth the extra money! And I would highly recommend.

The reservation process was really easy. The office staff was really nice! Don't be worried if they don't answer the phone, if you leave a message they will call you right back.

Our tour guide was Matt - who was great!!! I was slightly terrified when we were going over all the safety instructions, but he made everything feel super safe. The first part of the ride was perfect to make you feel comfortable and then he builds off of how you are doing and goes on more difficult trails once you get the hang of things. I was so glad we did the 2 hour - 1 would definitely not have been enough!! By the end we were going pretty fast and got to do some really cool trails. (He pointed out some really steep hills and other trails that were more advanced ... so if you are an experienced rider - I still think it would be a lot of fun!)

Matt knew a ton about the area and would stop and give you a little break and sort of tell you about where you were heading next. Pointing out sights to look at and stopping for pictures.

I was very pleased with the whole experience and we will definitely be back to do some of their other activities in the summer!!

Quick note ... make sure you print out directions ... you will lose cell service on your way there!!

Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Went on ATV tour while on anniversary trip with the wife. We did the 2hr trip definitely worth the money. 1hr would have been too short. Matt was the tour guide (kept everything moving without being rush rush... perfect). He kept it fun and safe. This doesn't mean just sticking to the bunny trail... once the wife and I got the hang of it, we were hitting some nice terrain. Like I said, 1hr would have been too short.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

They offer a lot of things to do, we did ATV riding and some shooting. We had a big group of 13, to many to all ATV at once, so half of us shot some guns while the other have rode the trails. First the great.

The ATV riding was a blast. We went about a week after some heavy snow, so the trails were snow covered and muddy. This made it a challenge but we had a blast sliding around in the mud and snow. Kind of wish we went for more than an hour because we were just getting really into it when our time was up. Our guide was very helpful and made sure we stayed safe while pushing our limits in terms of getting up some of the more challenging inclines. Will definitely go again.

The shooting was less impressive. The "range" was basically a muddy/frozen driveway, because the man range was inaccessible due to the snow. Understandable and not a big deal. The problem was that the person in charge of the shooting had no idea about range safety. I could go on for an hour about all the unsafe, foolish things she did but in short, she had no training whatsoever. Basically she had a bunch of guns she was only partially familiar with and she let us do what we liked. Fortunately some of my group, myself included, knew about guns and gun safety and made sure nothing tragic happened. We had a good time but they really need to get there act together on the shooting or not offer it.

Avoid the shooting and enjoy the ATVs.

2  Thank hubby11
AppAdv, Manager at Appalachian Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2014

We are sorry that this guest was not happy with the shooting instructor that we provided on that day. She has been trained by the US Army and is currently pursuing ballistic training courses. With regards to the "muddy mess" of our location, we can only apologize for the 18 inches of snow fall and inclement weather conditions that we experienced during that severe snow/ice storm.

However, it was a pleasure having this group visit.

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Our experience with Appalachian Adventure ATV rental and riding Nov. 17, 2013 was awesome. Matt was our ATV tour instructor. He enjoys his job, is a highly experienced ATV rider, and is very patient when giving guidance. He answered all of our questions. This was our first time ever being on an ATV but thanks to Matt we learned the basics quickly, and gained confidence in operating the ATV (we are age 30+). We definitely recommend Matt and Appalachian Adventure; the entire process from making the reservation to actually riding the ATV was smooth. Every one of the staff involved was friendly, respectful, on-time, and got us excited about riding despite our initial fears. Go for the 2-hr package.