“Do the 2 hour 4-wheel tour”

Appalachian Adventures
Ranked #3 of 3 Tours in Luray
More attraction details
Owner description: RENTALS: ATVs, Jet-skis, canoes, fishing, party boats, and MORE! For things to do in Luray, VA. WE BASE OUR OPERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING A GREAT EXPERIENCE BASED ON RESPECT AND FAIRNESS.
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was our favorite part of our vacation and the most expensive. We rented 4 ATV's and ran up and down trails for 2 hours. Our guide, Jim, was excellent and worked with us in explaining the manual shift on the Honda 250. By the end of the trip we were pros. We ran through large mud puddles and did some hill jumping. It was a blast and well worth the money.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

My husband and I arrived in Luray and went straight to Appalachian adventures. You have to first check in at a small office and then do about a 7 mile drive where you meet your guide with the ATV vehicles. It was our first time going on an ATV and we had a great guide. We went on a gorgeous day with cool fall temperatures and once we got the hang of it, it was really fun! At one point, we stopped at the top of the mountain and got a beautiful view of the Blue Ridge Mountains and Shenandoah valley. Some parts are a little scary (like going down steep hills) but our guide led us through it and we both made it without incident. Its reasonably priced, and I feel like the 1 hour tour gives you a good feel. That being said if you are super adventurous you may want to go for 2 hours, because my husband felt like the fun ended just as he was getting warmed up!

4  Thank AnjaliZ
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My husband and I were in the area for business, and we decided to make the most of our stay by going on another two hour ATV ride on our way back to Richmond. This was our second ride with Appalachian Adventures. Our Guide, John, kept us informed on how to approach upcoming terrain but was still fun and upbeat. The trails are extensive and the terrain is varied. I can't decide if the mud puddles or jumping the hill is my favorite activity. The view from the mountain is spectactular. The return visitor discount helps also. We will be back again. Thanks for a great time!!

3  Thank Renee P
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful ATV experience with Appalachian Adventures. Our guide was John and he was awesome! Despite a horrible storm, loss of electricity, and overall chaos, the customer service was amazing. We appreciated Ninas friendly personality especially since we had been without electricity in our rented cabin for 3 days! We will definitely visit again and plan on doing more excursions!

1  Thank Natalia M
Reviewed August 2, 2012

We came from New Jersey for our honeymoon and had a great time 4 wheeling in the mountains with Applachian Adventures our tour guide Gabriel was awesome we will defintly be back again and do this all over again Thanks alot.We were beginners and the 2 hour tour was perfect as the guide took her time with us but also made sure we had tons of fun highly recommend doing if your in the area

4  Thank Lori L