“very good fishing trip, caught a bunch of them..good times”

Appalachian Adventures
Ranked #3 of 3 Tours in Luray
More attraction details
Owner description: RENTALS: ATVs, Jet-skis, canoes, fishing, party boats, and MORE! For things to do in Luray, VA. WE BASE OUR OPERATION WITH THE PURPOSE OF PROVIDING A GREAT EXPERIENCE BASED ON RESPECT AND FAIRNESS.
Ramat Gan, Israel
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“very good fishing trip, caught a bunch of them..good times”
Reviewed August 19, 2011

if you are looking for a fishing trip in luray this is the spot..
we caught a lot of fish, they were all small but still it was a fun experience..it was first fishing for me ever and the guide was realy paciente and nice. he had a lot of equipment and me and my girlfriend enjoyed one on one guidness.
the price was reasonable, the crew came on time and it was realy important for them that we had fun.
the company is not very big so it has it's problams: they asked me to send them an email that confirms them that i know the policy of cencelation altough i talked to them on the phone..but besides that, awesome trip!

Visited August 2011
1 Thank guysho

Marysville, Ohio
“Great Time for the kids.”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Dusty was our guide and our two 16 year olds had a great time. ATV's Waverunners, canoeing.

Visited July 2011
“My family and I travel often and whenever...”
Reviewed July 29, 2010

My family and I travel often and whenever possible we go 4wheeling during the vacation. I found Appalachain Adventures online and booked our tour. The staff were extremely friendly and knowledgable. Our guide, Jim, was fantastic! He took us through trails that fit our experience levels and knew the area well. If we visit Luray again we will definatly book the ATV tour, as well as other tours with App. Adventurers!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Very friendly, family owned, caring staff with great attractions!”
Reviewed May 9, 2010

This place is up in the mountains in Luray, VA. The staff is very accomadating (we didn't arrive until 2:00 in the morning). The cabin we stayed in was on the side of a mountain. It has 3 bedrooms (that sleeps 12) with a bathroom in each. It is fully stocked with kitchen items for plenty of guests. Has a big hot tub on the back deck with a jaccuzi tub in the cabin. The only thing they don't provide in the cabin are towels.

We did canoeing and 4 wheeling in the mountain. The canoeing was great and they knew just the right river to put us in (we had a pregnant guest with us/less rapids). They are very knowledgable about the rivers and the mountains. The 4 wheeling was awesome. It rained the night before so we got to ride through mud puddles. The terrain in the mountain was a little rough at times (big rocks to go over) but the tour guide was very paitent in waiting for us slower people to get through.

It would be good to bring bikes (you can find some good bike trails to ride on), teniss shoes (Luray Caverns are just down the road), camera, swim clothes if you go canoeing.

There's really nothing that we didn't like about this place. Well, maybe the wasps and bees but hey, it's the mountains! The best thing I like was the friendliness of the owner's and thier family. They'll sit around and chat for a while with you. We were able to learn a bit about the family and how the business got started.

All in all it's a great place to visit.

2 Thank leroyntiff
Charleston, West Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Do not leave Luray without an ATV Aventure through Appalachian Adventures”
Reviewed January 22, 2010

Other than the exceptional hospitality of Appalachian Adventures, the ATV adventure was the best part of our too short vacation to Luray, VA. The tour is perfect for both beginners and expierenced riders (there were both in our group) as they will cater to your needs. I am definitly recommending Appalachian Adventures, you can find them at their website http://www.appalachian-adventures.com/. I am already planning my next trip! PS If you need a place to stay, check out their cabins.

3 Thank wvmtneer3

Been to Appalachian Adventures? Share your experiences!