Tripadvisor
Luray

“Nice spot for lunch or dinner”

Moonshadows Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 43 Restaurants in Luray
Description: Moonshadows Restaurant is the newest and most unique restaurant located in downtown Luray, Virginia. Much time and thought have been given to providing a location which offers beautiful surroundings with the comfort of the guests in mind. The building has undergone a complete renovation resulting in an upscale restaurant environment offering versatile inside and outside dining options and a rustic blend of international cuisines.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

We stopped here for lunch on a rainy day in November after car-sightseeing on the Skyline Drive in Shenandoah National Park. The ambiance was warm and inviting and the food delicious. We had a variety of items- soup, salad, sandwiches and a light entree as well as wine. All lovely and conveniently located in town.

Date of visit: November 2019
Write a reviewReviews (174)

Reviewed December 12, 2019

Moonshadow is a nice arty frou-frou restaurant in Luray, and provides a contrasting change of pace for anyone who's come to the area for hiking or camping.

I was impressed that they had several vegetarian entrees available, and after a week of beef jerky and trail mix we were all looking for something lighter. My table mates were satisfied with the Polenta and Tofu Steaks, but it was only my Rosti (fried potato cakes) that I really enjoyed.

It can be a little pricy, but they do have a decent wine and beer list.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed November 19, 2019

On the recommendation of our B&B owner we had a great dining experience. The menu was varied and the good was excellent. The staff were very friendly and promplt.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed November 11, 2019

By looking at the menu, and being vegan, my expectations were high. My ordered a sushi appetizer, but it was just okay and we didn't finish it. I had a tofu entree that was underwhelming, as did my partner. The staff was very friendly and the drink selection was very good. The prices were very fair, but we just found our meals to be underwhelming and probably wouldn't return. Honestly, for fine dining, it was forgettable.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 4, 2019

I chose this restaurant by the name and logo--a trusted, though not infallible, method--and was not disappointed. Although the service was a bit slow, the place is lovely and the food a little out of the ordinary and very good.

Date of visit: October 2019

Been to Moonshadows Restaurant? Share your experiences!