“Very good sandwiches”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We have eaten here several times in the last few visits to Luray. Nice atmosphere on second floor, good selection of bottled beer (some local) and sandwiches very good. Great location to caverns.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Good place with a wide selection. Good service and prices. A burger, cole-slaw and a beer were outstanding. Also nice history to the building.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I usually look at Tripadvisor before selecting where to eat dinner, but since this was lunchtime we just popped into the first place! Lucky us! We had sandwiches and they were excellent. The only reason I did not give this an "excellent" was we were not that impressed with the side dishes. Staff was fine. Would recommend for lunches, for sure!

Reviewed July 26, 2014

We found the Artisan Grill via tripadvisor and decided to check it out. We dinned on a Thursday evening around eight in the evening. The service was great and the food was served in a very timely manner. We sat upstairs as others recommended.

However, the food was not very appetizing. The special, bbq pork loin was overcooked, which resulted in it being very dry. The squash and zucchini seemed as if they were from frozen and had freezer burn. Our salads had a few pieces of rotting greenery as most know from having salad green in their refrigerators for too long. The water had a very (I don't know how else to describe it) rusty pipe after-taste to it, to the point where I was not willing to drink it.

Now, all that considered I wouldn't really have an issue if the place had cheap prices or substantial portions, but that was unfortunately not the case.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

My wife and I ate hear twice in two days and loved it both times. The portion sizes were great and I loved the sandwiches. The only downside was the flies but hey it comes with the territory.