“Very good food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 2, 2014

One of the best steaks I've ever had in a restaurant, marinated to perfection- melt in your mouth. Portion was surprisingly large for an "artsy" establishment. Everything was great, the appetizer, salad and main course. Waitress was absolutely perfect, we never saw her looking over our shoulders, yet she knew exactly when we were ready for the next course. We will absolutely visit here again and tell our friends.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Good service, delicious shrimp and pasta dish and nice glass of malbec, atmosphere is ok . Would recommend it,

Reviewed March 22, 2014

Loved setting in a historic building. Food is good. Service was a little slow, but everyone was very personable.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Enjoyed the atmosphere and food. Deserts can be exciting choices. Generally if in a rush inform them & they'll accommodate. Enjoy the old time ice cream parlor & image the waitress with there flowers and in white dresses. CUTE! The guy at the counter as I did jerk those vanilla or egg crème soda pops, or root beer floats, milk shakes, malted, sundaes & banana splits. Yes could offer a few of these on occasions. ( when it gets warmer or on special days or weeks. Thanks for allowing me to take you down memory lane in those oldie but goodie days from downtown Luray. Hooray!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

The food was horrible....STICK TO SANDWICHES. My husband and I ordered a salad and the trout which was the special of the night. The vegetables (which were also the 'special') for his trout were canned green beans. Absolutely disgusting - I have had better cafeteria food..when I was in high school...before it was regulated and recognized as a problem. The potatoes had been cooked at least two days prior and probably sat in a fridge. The trout was acceptable - but dry, not good, and certainly not worth $20. My salad was acceptable but no further then that. As an appetizer we had the shrimp with chili sauce. Also - disgusting, barely palatable. I only ate it so my husband wouldn't be upset about how much of a let down this place was. I will not be back!
The one upside here and the only reason I gave it two stars instead of one was, the atmosphere was good and the beer prices were good. Blech.

1  Thank opugirl
agrill2012, Guest Relations Manager at Artisan's Grill, responded to this reviewResponded March 13, 2014

Artisans Grill has been in business for almost 10 years, and we have many pleased customers who dine here regularly. When you do as much business as we do, you're bound to make a mistake occasionally. If we know about it, we make sure we fix it. If they were so unhappy, we wish the reviewers would have said something to their server. We think this review is very unfair.

We make everything from scratch here, and the green beans were bought fresh and cooked country style. That was suggested by the owner. We use local produce as much as we are able in season, to support the local farmers, as well as naturally raised beef and chicken--Our burgers were voted Best Burger in Virginia recently. All of our deli salads, soups and buffalo chili are made fresh daily. We cook all our own deli meats, and some wonderfully inventive desserts.

We really regret the unhappy experience you had here, and hope that someday you will give us a chance to change your mind.