“Nice eatery”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed March 25, 2013

You can pick from the lunch or dinner menu and we chose lunch for dinner. My husband had a great sandwich with fried oysters and I enjoyed a blue cheese burger. The service was excellent. Local wine and beer enhanced the experience. We sat upstairs and had a great view of the town and the surrounding mountains.

1  Thank buskey2001

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I stopped by this locale for a lunch on a Saturday during our tour of Luray. Good service, somewhat crowded at 2 pm. I had a tasty ham/turkey sandwich with pasta salad and he had a burger with sweet potato fries. He commented he enjoyed his burger immensely, but wished he had thought to ask for artisan bread instead of a kaiser roll to go with the burger. Serving size is good. Decor is very casual, nice restaurant at the corner of a busy street in case you like to rest and watch the world go by :0). The restroom is up a steep flight of stairs that lead to the upper dining area on the 2nd floor. For those w/ mobility problems I'm not sure how they would utilize the facilities ?

1  Thank Tranquility2008
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stopped here for lunch based on a recommendation from the local tourist office, what a huge disappointment! The minute you walk in the front door, you are hit with a terrible smell of burning oil, that in itself should have been enough to tell us turn around and leave! However we decided we'd sit upstairs away from the oil smell and hoped that we would enjoy the food, how wrong we were! My children ordered the "Homemade Mac n' Cheese" now i ask you how does penne pasta with a processed cheese sauce poured over amount to "Homemade"????
I ordered the seasonal vegetable pasta dish cooked in a white wine sauce, what I got was anything but! It was a plate of cold pasta and veggies that appeared to have warm oil poured over it, it was all sitting in a pool of oil yuk! I immediately called the waitress to let her know that the dish was cold and why was there so much oil in it? She replied "oh that's the white wine! She took it back to the kitchen and upon returning with the dish, she said "the chef decided to add pesto and oil to your white wine pasta dish, that is what the oil is! Needless to say it was inedible.

Anyone that would eat at this place and say its good food clearly have no taste buds or appreciation of what properly cooked food is. A huge disappointment!!!

2  Thank AnnT2119
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We were recommended from our hotel to eat here. The prices are outrageous. Something along NYC but certainly not the quality nor the atmosphere. I needed to buy new clothes as the stench of fried food penetrated the cloth. The problem is there is not much of a choice of eateries, so the supply and demand come into play here. If you can, pack a snack.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We ate here because of the good reviews / I paid $21 for a half rack of ribs and my husband paid $18 for fried catfish. I wouldn't have minded the prices if the food was worth it but sadly it wasn't. Our waitress was very nice, people were friendly but the food was not worth the prices they wanted.