“Excellent food!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Excellent food and great service; have been back several times and always good.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

Some friends and I ate at the Artisan’s Grill twice in one weekend. We went for lunch on Sunday and again for lunch on Monday. The location is downtown on a corner so parking is wherever you can find on the street. It has a nice upscale diner ambiance. However, it is very small, most tables are set for two to four people. With seven people in our party we needed to wait for some folks to leave before they could push some tables together for us. This might have been different if they didn’t have a private event going on upstairs. I don’t know if that space is normally used for regular restaurant guests or not. The lunch menu is mostly sandwiches and burgers named after artists. You have a choice of side items like fries, sweet potato fries, and potato salad. The side items are nothing to write home about in terms of flavor, just basics. On Sunday we had lovely service from a very friendly and perky waitress. I asked her what she would recommend from the menu and she told me their burgers were award winning and ranked first in the state of Virginia. While I will say the burger was pretty good I certainly hope it isn’t number one in the state. On Monday the service was very different from the previous day. Our server was dour, impatient, and less than attentive. I ordered the “Sargent” which is, “House roasted turkey breast, Swiss cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato, and mayonnaise served as a triple decker on toasted white bread”. I switched out the white bread for wheat and enjoyed every bite! Much better than the burger on Sunday. I finished the meal with a slice of the homemade hot apple pie which was lovely. Overall I would recommend this restaurant to most people. The food is pretty good, well priced and while the service is inconsistent it’s not horrible. One thing I will point out is that this restaurant wouldn’t be comfortable for mobility challenged individuals. The first floor is very cramped with little room for a wheel chair. The restrooms are at the top of a set of stairs and while I can’t speak for the men’s room I assume it is similar to the ladies in that it is a very small individual bathroom with a step up. Even if there were a way to access it (which there isn’t) a wheelchair bound person would not be able to use the facilities. Even someone who has difficulty walking or climbing stairs would be challenged. I was torn between rating this restaurant as average or very good and in the end decided it was average. The deciding factor was the side items which are very bland and are what I consider to be in very small portions.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

EXTREMELY FRIENDLY STAFF.Good food ad wine plus a speedy and efficient service. We eat in the upstairs diner. Very good.

Reviewed January 1, 2012

We love the Nighthawks and booked Artisan Grille for New Year's Ever since they were playing there. We never been to Artisan's before and we can't wait to go back. The food, service, atmosphere was phenominal. The only negative is there was no dance floor. The food consisted of an egg roll, lobster bisque, salad, steak with crab meat, chocolate truffle and wine - each dish was wonderful.

Reviewed December 30, 2011

I would definitely visit this place again. Good food and great service. My husband got ribs and he just loved it but the Crab cakes were so so. One among the best restaurants in Luray