“Best and freshest Veggie food.”
Review of Artisan's Grill - CLOSED

Artisan's Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed June 11, 2011

Being vegetarians its always an issue to find good food locally. I and my husband always like to try something famous and local whenever we are traveling or visiting any place.
So when in Luray we went to Artisan's grill. They have very less choice in veggie food but whatever they have is by far the best. My husband had a wrap filled with fresh vegetables and i had a sandwich with mushrooms in it. I must say both were just so deli sh. Esp the wrap was real delicious. The only thing that i didn't like is I had ordered sweet iced tea and got unsweetened ice tea and i didn't bother to get it changed also.The restaurant was very busy and we were also in rush to reach somewhere.

There are newer reviews for Artisan's Grill

Reviewed May 23, 2011

Artisan’s Grill is a nice eatery with a great atmosphere and great service. We had a large group of close to 15 and had drinks and refills kept up with very well.
Our lunch sandwiches took a little while to arrive at our table, but when they did, most of our group broke into a chorus of “mmmmmmm!”’s and “So good!”’s . I also heard a “This is the best flank steak sandwich I’ve ever tasted!”
Sandwiches on the menu are cleverly themed being named after artists such as “Da Vinci,” “Van Gogh,” “Eakins,” so on and so forth.
Overall this restaurant had a good atmosphere, great food, and exceptional service for our large group even with a moderately large lunch crowd. I would recommend this establishment.

Reviewed May 18, 2011

I was surprised that a town as small as Luray had an option in this price range. The food was tasty and generously portioned and the service was friendly, so that offset any complaints that I had about the cost.

We sat upstairs in the main dining room, which wasn't crowded when we got there early in the evening but became progressively more crowded throughout the meal. I had the catfish with lemon and butter sauce, and my husband had the buffalo chili and the ribs. His rack of ribs was huge!

Reviewed April 27, 2011

Our family ate here for our evening meal. It wasn't very busy so why it took the sulky waitress over 5 minutes to acknowledge us I do not know. We eventually get seated upstairs and get introduced to a very stressed out waitress who takes our drinks orders. She complains that she's the only server on duty and makes it feel like this is our fault. The food takes a while to arrive but is gorgeous when it does. The steak and mixed grill were cooked perfectly and the house salad was exceptional.

The food saved the restaurant getting a very poor review. Fantastic chef's but awful service.

Reviewed April 18, 2011

Really good food! Fresh, seasonal, chef prepared, and at very reasonable prices. A good variety on the menu--my husband had a delicious burger, and I had the spring vegetable risotto--perfectly cooked (and I'm a risotto snob!) My house salad with sunflower seeds and blue cheese crumbles was a winner also.
Atmosphere was casual, but good. Service was slow, so I don't think it is the best place for little kids, though they did provide crayons--eventually...also the kids' mac n cheese, was NOT kids' mac n cheese! More penne in a creamy sauce with parmesan sprinkled on top. Penne NOT good for kids--had to cut it up, and my boy didn't like the cream sauce--neither did I, for that matter.
In the end, I wish I were in Luray for another night so I could go back to try something else on the menu. Despite the kids, I would selfishly like to eat more of their food!