“just a family resaurant”

Uncle Buck's Family Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 38 Restaurants in Luray
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Takeout
Chesapeake
“just a family resaurant”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We were driving through the area and stopped there for lunch. Server was nice but slow. I ordered breakfast for lunch. Since the place serves breakfast all day long, I was excited to get if not an awesome, at least a warm breakfast. What I got was a cold plate. My eggs were cold, bacon dried up, my grits were cold and lumpy, butter just sat on top of it without melting. Doesn't the server know when they are putting a cold break fast plate in front of their customer? Bad experience. Would not recommend the place to anyone!

Visited July 2014

Omaha, Nebraska
“Thanks for Local Fare”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

A local restaurant with a decent menu. Not particularly friendly - just matter of fact service. Horse theme. OK food.

Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinnertime after being on the road for 10 hours”
Reviewed July 28, 2014

We arrived at the restaurant after checking into our hotel and ordered dinner. The food was a good value for the price...generous portion sizes. The food was a little greasy, but you kind of expect that with an establishment like this. My wife ordered pasta....and what came out was a layer of mozzarella cheese melted over the pasta. I'm talking at least 1/4" thick of cheese on top! A little much for our tastes. We might have returned for breakfast, but they don't have turkey bacon/sausage on their menu...just pork products.

The waitress did kindly steer us to another hotel as the one we had checked into was unacceptable to us.

Aldie, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Breakfast - ALL DAY LONG”
Reviewed July 27, 2014

after a long night of thunder storms and a lot of rain, the last thing I wanted to do this morning was cook breakfast in the campground so we loaded up the car and headed to Uncle Bucks. A family of 5 ate a big breakfast for <$30. The food was great and the atmosphere comforting. The wait was a little long but it was Sunday morning and they were busy. Our waitress was attentive and took great care of us. I highly recommend this stop for breakfast…. we'll be back!

1 Thank Heather N
“Our 1st Luray Dining”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

The service was good and the food was ok. My son and I both had chicken which was delicious; our side items were average. Many of the locals frequent there though so it's a great place to meet Luray town people to learn about the neat places to visit.

Visited July 2014