“Uncle Buck's Meat can't be Beat”

Uncle Buck's Family Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 39 Restaurants in Luray
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Takeout
Marshall, Virginia
“Uncle Buck's Meat can't be Beat”
Reviewed February 3, 2014

This saying sported t-shirts that were for sale at the back of the restaurant, and proved to be correct in my experience. We had to wait a while for the food but it was busy. The restaurant was pretty big with a diner style area and also a bar area. It was very clean and served by very friendly staff. I had the Real Hash with a side of scrapple. both of which were superb. Everything was so fresh. I heartily recommend a breakfast here.

• Visited February 2014

“Great breakfast and Bloody Mary”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Great breakfast. I had the Redneck Benedict. It was awesome. More then I could eat. The coffe is good. The Bloody Mary was great. Service was always around. I would go back.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Hokies fam
Norfolk, Virginia
“GOOD FOOD GOOD SERVICE”
Reviewed January 31, 2014 via mobile

Pickings on places to eat, in wintertime,are slim
Glad it was, ended going here several times
Food was delicious & portions ample !!!!!!
Place was packed everytime with locals
Can,t wait to go back next year

• Visited December 2013
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
“Terrible service and rude patrons”
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I have never felt so unwelcome anywhere in my life! It looked like everyone else there knew each other and the servers, our waitress must have drawn the short straw to have to serve us and waited in the other tables first, the bus girl came to take our drink order. We watched customers who were sitting in the front of the restaurant go through the kitchen, I am assuming to go out back, and walk back to their tables again. We ate our food as quickly as possible to get out of there, but then waited 15 minutes after we were done to get our check so we could leave, our waitress was fully visible and ignoring us while we waited and our plates had been cleared and we were out of coffee since she did not offer to refill it. The icing on the cake was when we went to pay our bill and the hostess was laughing as the customers(same ones who used the kitchen) made fun of us for being out of towners! If you are looking for breakfast, lunch, or dinner go to a fast food place or cook it yourself, do not go here! Unless you like poor service and people who treat you like a trespasser.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Rebecca M
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Awesome greasy spoon!”
Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

This was a great place for some home made southern cooking. Kids had the usual chicken tender and hot dog Fair- though my son said best fries he's had this side of Richmond! My husband and I had open faced hot sandwiches, grits and fried green tomatoes which were Awesomely scrumptious. Definitely avoid the fast food traps before Luray and hit Main Street!

Been to Uncle Buck's Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!