“Went here because of TripAdvisor review”

Uncle Buck's Family Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 43 Restaurants in Luray
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed May 22, 2013

My friends and I visted Uncle Buck's while traveling in Luray based on a review that had been made that four people could eat for $ 30. Since we were traveling lean, I made it a point of visitng here. Well, I dont know what they ate but we had three burgers and one hot wings as well as three sodas and one milkshake. Not what I would call top of the line fare....but the total came out to be over $ 40. Otherwise, the food was good, the service was good and the waitresses were friendly. Would go there again.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We went to Uncle Bucks this weekend when we were visiting Luray. We ordered the rib eye steak and my brother in law had ribs. The steaks were tough and very chewy, and the ribs were swimming in sauce. Food prices were ok but not worth the money at all. My sister in law actually felt sick not long after we left the restaurant. I would not go back , really very disappointing.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

The breakfast was great. We came in early on Saturday, and the place was packed. Service was good and the staff friendly.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Typical small-town greasy spoon decent breakfast very good coffee. We had four gentlemen having breakfast several of them had biscuits and gravy I had pancakes they were all very good to good. Heads and shoulders above McDonald's or Hardee's.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Quality of food - grim. Also, the place poses a 'health and Safety' hazard!

We ordered their 'proudest' dish - 'Valley Trout'. I don't know from which valley this excuse for a fish came, but I suspect it was many miles away from the Shenandoah valley... The poor benighted creature had probably seen many better days before it finally landed in the kitchen of the very indifferent "chef" (scullion??), who managed to obliterate any flavour that might have survived the creature's long travails (sic!).

Having abandoned any pretence at eating this, or its accompanying boiled-to-destruction green beans, we thought that at least a cup of good American coffe might make amends. But alas, I fear our scullion/chef must have mixed up his di(tc)sh water with our beverage.

We were happy to leave the place, but as I stepped out, I encountered a final and seriously dangerous hazard - I stumbled off a totally unexpected step outside their door to the pavement. There is no warning sign about this, inside the door. But usually, as one pushes open any door, one expects to walk out onto - and stay on - the same level as the one inside the door. So I walked blindly and trustingly, straight off the unexpected step into thin air - and, very luckily, stumbled into the arms of a couple of quick thinking local guys, standing outside, who were familiar with this hazard, and who told me that my experience was quite a common one at this unusual doorstep. So be warned. Or go elsewhere?

1  Thank bibliophile1635