“Poor service”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I took my family to Uncle Buck's for lunch on a Sat. It was about 1 pm when we arrived with 11 folks. We were seated at 2 tables hoping that would speed up our service. Unfortunately this was not the case. It took us over an hour to be served. The table that was seated between us had to leave to get to a wedding. They were offered their food for half price for their trouble. I wish we had left early because there is not excuse to have to wait on an order for over an hour. Uncle Buck's would do themselves some good if they would clean up their restaurant area and hire some more kitchen staff.

There are newer reviews for Uncle Buck's Family Restaurant

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stopped and had breakfast after spending a couple of days exploring Luray and Skyline drive. The food was fabulous. Over medium eggs were perfect. Omelet was light and fluffy. Just what we needed before going on the winery tour.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Fun place for some good old down home country eating in historic center of town. Had fried chicken livers-best I've eaten, baked sweet potato with cinnamon sugar, fried apples. Husband had honey dipped fried chicken with same sides-very good. Will be back.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I have a talent for picking good restaurants that provide delicious food at a great value. I hit another winner in Luray. Everything was delicious and our waitress was awesome. She's a fellow Georgian and the fried green tomatoes were better than what I've had in the Peach State. She recommended my wife and I order the ribeye and boy was she right. My steak was cooked perfectly and I loved the cajun seasoning and blue cheese crumbles added to it. My wife had hers with mushrooms and for not being a steak eater she thoroughly enjoyed it. I also had the baked potato, which was cooked just right and fresh. Even got to see Peyton throw an interception and the Ravens pull off the upset. The Coors Light was the best Coors Light or macrobrew beer I ever had, probably because it's brewed with Shenandoah Valley Water. Mmmm. It was a great day and fun night The next morning we stopped by for breakfast and the country ham egg and cheese sandwich on toast was arguably the best breakfast sandwich i ever had and I have had some good ones over the years. The ham was salty, but not too salty, flavorful and melded well with the eggs and cheese. This is country ham like your Grandma would make. My wife had Saugage and egg sandwich and wow that sausage was fresh and delicious with just the right amount of spice. Food is plentiful and a great value. Thanks again for the wonderful service, great recommendations and delicious food.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

If you want some good down-home food, eat here. The staff is very friendly, and they accomodate children well. The bbq sandwich was great, and I asked for slaw to go with it, which was delicious. Prices are very reasonable.

Been to Uncle Buck's Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!