“BEWARE....Hotel is infested with roaches!!!!!”

Days Inn Luray Shenandoah
Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Luray
“BEWARE....Hotel is infested with roaches!!!!!”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Please consider other reviews as well when they mention the bug problem here. I didn't and ended up encountering the same thing I probably wouldn't even wish on my worst enemy! I got in late with my family after a long road trip and was looking to finally relax and get some rest. I should have known after I started walking to my assigned room all the bugs on the ground and flying around the air. As soon as I opened my door no less than 10 roaches decided to come inside the room as well. As I imagined, this didn't go over too well for my two young kids and wife. I thought after killing them, that would be it... NOOOO!!! As I walked around the room I found more of the roaches in the bathroom sink and tub. If only got worse, these roaches were airborne and were flying around. I peeled the bed sheets back to only find a few crawling on the pillows and bed. I ended up fleeing the room with my family. The night clerk offered four other rooms for me to inspect but they all were the same, INFESTED! He said they were aware of the infestation but it was "too late" to have them exterminated. I'm sorry but this didn't happen overnite!! Needless to say I ended up staying in my car until we found a new hotel to stay at. This place was uninhabitable not to mention unsanitary. I called the Virginia Health Department as well as other places to look into, since AJ the GM doesn't think so much about the issue and refuses to reimburse me. Please STAY AWAY from here. Spend the extra money for piece of mind unless you enjoy sleeping with roaches crawling around you!

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank JayG623
DaysInn-Luray, Manager at Days Inn Luray Shenandoah, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you very much for your response, however the insects that are here at the hotel are not roaches they are Common Black Ground Beetles and June Bugs. We have 15 acres of cornfield on one side of us and 10 acres of cow pasture on the other side. We exterminate every 3 to 4 weeks. We have seeked information from Health Organizations to see if we can stop these beeltles but they have not given us a solution. You certainly had the choice to leave the hotel instead of sleeping in your car. We do apologize for your unsatisfactory experience.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Dobson
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Bugs in the bed, on floor, lavatory counter. Mold and mildew abound. Terrible smell. Filthy floor. Have photos and video of this disaster.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Nina S
Just for your information, please check out the following link for Virginia bugs and insects, it will show you the difference between the beetles and the cockroaches.

www.fcps.edu/islandcreekes/ecology/common_black_ground_beetle.htm

Travelers are raving about these Luray hotels

Hurlock, Maryland
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Worst room ever in my 44 years.Room had a musty smell as though there had been water damage.Bathroom and dressing area was filthy.Between live and dead bugs ,I flushed seven during a one night stay.Breakfast was a joke,toast,bagels and the worst coffee ever.Many other hotels to choose from .Go elsewhere!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lena C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Luray
The Mimslyn Inn
Hotel Laurance
#3 of 9 in Luray
Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley
Hampton Inn & Suites Woodstock

Been to Days Inn Luray Shenandoah? Share your experiences!