“worth the drive, try to find coupons”
Review of Luray Caverns

Luray Caverns
Ranked #1 of 30 things to do in Luray
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The largest cave in the Eastern U.S. where visitors can see such bizarre formations like the "Throne Room", "Giant's Hall", and "Fried Eggs".
Reviewed October 6, 2012

While expensive, the hour and a half walking tour is worth doing with older kids. Hard to imagine how old these formations are but they are worth seeing if you're into rocks.

There are newer reviews for Luray Caverns

Reviewed October 4, 2012

the caverns were awesome, the tour was ok but so ridiculously scripted. i wonder if they have to memorize the same script or something. the tour guide just seemed like he was reciting it. and it was pretty cheesy. also thought it's a little overpriced ($24/person) for what it is. but in the end, i'm still glad we went to see it.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

We visited the caverns this past Saturday. Yes they were neat and amazing to look at, but the tour was so corny that I was cringing on several occasions. I am glad I have now visited the caverns but I won't return.

1  Thank Lovebug776
Reviewed October 3, 2012

My wife and I visited the caverns yesterdat. What a beautiful place. Our guide did a great job telling us about the formations. One thing they tell people is to not touch the formations. I was surprised to see how many folks could not keep their hands off. This a great place to bring the family and enjoy the sights.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

While geologically, the caves are spectacular and the ownership has gone to every extent to ensure a great visit, the tour script is insulting. Prople are not idiots. They can handle a bit of science and geology without the similarity of counting the animals you see in the clouds. I suppose it's a great tour for kids but there weren't any kids in my group except the tour guide. I know she was scripted but Phuleeeese!, have a little respect.

1  Thank George U