Three Rivers Bed and Breakfast
$78
Hotwire.com
Majestic Inn(Visalia)
$88
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 4, 2013

The accomodation is really lovely so spacious , comfortable and a very relaxing place to stay. Leah & Peter work very hard to look after their guests , with so much information and many suggestions to get the most out of your visit, we did a couple of Peter's walks which were great and he even gave us advice about walks for when we moved on to Monterey , which we really really enjoyed . We did have a problem whilst in Kings Canyon with a tyre and Leah spent about an hour or so on the phone the next morning trying to hunt down a replacement, which we appreciated. ( although we ended up having to have a replacement car ) So if we ever return to visit the parts of the park we had to miss we would certainly hope to stay at at Three Rivers.

Room Tip: There are only 2 rooms and they are identical , therefore they are both excellant .
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nain_10
Reviewed September 14, 2012

Inkeepers Leah and Peter work very hard to make guests happy and comfortable and the breakfast menu is very extensive and all homemade with organic local produce. Bed is comfortable and room and bath spacious. They have a common room just for guests with pool table and other games as well as a nice DVD collection and lots of dish channels on the TV. I enjoyed the heated pool. Leah does get up at 4 AM but she is very very quiet and you don't get in trouble for being 5 minutes late to breakfast as a previous reviewer suggests.. They have info on everything you could want to know. One comment is that if you are a person who does not like to talk during breakfast, tell Leah. Otherwise she will assume you would like to talk to her during breakfast. And breakfast is the best time to get all the info about the Parks. One reviewer commented that it is a long drive to get to the main attractions in the park. But that is how it will be unless you stay in the Park -- most accommodations are in Three Rivers and the ones in the park are pretty expensive.

Room Tip: Both rooms are identical. It doesn't matter. They will adjust the climate control in your room to suit you.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jan536
Reviewed August 26, 2012

This is a wonderful place to stay if you prefer to avoid the large predictable chain hotels.lovely home with a river running along the back of the property.
Leah and Peter could not have been more accommodating and did everything they could to help our stay in the area go well. The B&B is fantastic and very homely. A large living area is available for guests to use with table-football, pool table, books and board games, so our children were in heaven. Leah even took the time to play the piano with our daughter- they really make you feel very welcome.
The rooms were huge with separate toilet and large bathroom. Breakfast is wholesome and nutritious- Leah likes guests to pre-order the day before- she takes a great deal of time preparing fresh fruit dishes and freshly cooking orders. We tried most things off the menu and they were all lovely and nutritious- a very pleasant change from all the heavily sugared and mass produced stuff the hotels churn out.
We travelled around California for a month and this was our kids favourite place to stay- higly recommended for families.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Snuffleuffaguss
Reviewed June 29, 2012

The rooms were large, and the bathrooms were spacious enough. The hosts did share good info about the area. We found the hosts a bit strange. After being asked what time we wanted breakfast, we suggested 8am. At 4:15am I,could smell the coffee brewing and hear someone moving about. We came out at 8:05am and Leah sternly announced she was just about to come knock on the door! We had pre ordered as is required, but I asked for some toast (I wanted something fresh) in addition to my order. No, can't do that. I asked if she was out of bread or what? She claimed she has everything all sectioned out in the freezer, and takes it out as needed, and the bread was for French toast! I was really taken aback! I was served some warmed up item from the freezer, quiche I think. The fruit cobbler was awful, fruit floating in liquid. The second day I really wanted something FRESH, so I requested scrambled eggs ( no TOAST). The other couple there asked for toast and received the same response. This time Peter was serving us. The eggs never had time to 'set', he scrambled them to look like cottage cheese curds! I again smelled coffee at 4:15am, I wanted something fresh, so I had ( oh no) changed my order to hot chocolate......Peter said no, he was not prepared to serve hot chocolate and did not have enough time! There were four guests TOTAL. I have a certain level of expectations when eating breakfast AT a B&B and the breakfast part did not meet my expectations at all. I have been to MANY B&B's around the world, so I can compare to many. I hope things have changed and they have become more accommodating.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank triptravelCA
Reviewed November 16, 2011

My wife and I recently visited Sequoia NP for a weekend get-away. We thoroughly enjoy camping; however this trip we chose to find a B&B.

Three Rivers B&B: This place was an excellent choice. The room was spacious and very clean. Complimentary wine and chocolates were a nice touch. The hot clean showers felt awesome after long day of hiking in the Sequoia Park. The bed was a much firmer than we were use to, but the room was very comfortable. The breakfast exceeded my expectations. It’s obvious that detail is closely paid attention to when breakfast is being prepared and served. The fresh fruit served every morning was incredible with a great assortment and display.

The hostesses: Leah and Peter were a plethora of good knowledgeable information and had answers for most questions that arose. Immediately after reserving the room, Leah emailed a lengthy email about the B&B and the local area. At first, the email was overwhelming but after printing it, taking a pen and highlighter to it, we found it very helpful. If you have any questions, they will have a good answer.

Three Rivers: It s a smaller community that rolls up the carpet early. My wife looked forward to shopping and visiting the little shops in the area. The business hours of these little shops were not conducive to all day SNP visitors. We were up and gone before most shops opened and returned after the shops had closed. Very limited choices with restaurant selections; however Leah and Peter were very helpful in locating good food at night.

Sequoia National Park: Three Rivers B&B was located about 10-15 minutes from the entrance of the park. After entering, the most favorite park attractions are at the very least another 30-45 minute slow and windy mountainous drive. There is plenty of room to get away from others if you enjoy solitude and serenity.

Three Rivers B&B made our trip a very relaxing experience. Leah and Peter made it feel like staying with friends.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple