From reading the other reviews, I was pretty concerned about this hotel. We got a good room in the newer 3-story building. Newer carpet, room had fridge and microwave. The A/C worked although it had been adjusted to 80 degrees while we were out.
The breakfast was ok. You get coupons for each person that you turn in each morning. Waffles (original was runny, blueberry was normal); Costco muffins; English Muffins; Toast; Cereal and eggs/sausage. Disappointed that they did not have better fruit or breakfast potatoes. Other reviews are accurate about the breakfast area being too small and crowded but there's nowhere else to expand to.
Pool was small but looked inviting. Unfortunately, it's only open from 10:00 am to 9:00 pm. Opens too late in the morning if you are going to go to Sequoia and closes too early at night if you leave the park around sunset.
Be prepared for a long drive to/from Sequoia national park. It's about 15 min to the park entrance and another 45 min up a windy mountain road to the General's Forest Museum. Same goes for the way back.
Overall, I would say it's average. Probably better than any other place in Three Rivers, though.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn & Suites is conveniently located only 5 miles from the Sequoia National Park, where you will find the General Sherman Tree and the Giant Forest. This hotel is the only official shuttle bus stop in the Three Rivers area that travels to Sequoia & Kings Canyon national parks (seasonal from May to September). We offer 103 guest rooms, including 16 suites, with many great amenities and services one could ask for in the Three Rivers area. The Three Rivers area has a great selection of year round activities as well as great restaurants. The Comfort Inn prides itself on offering a warm, inviting atmosphere that will immediately have you feeling right at home.Comfort Inn & Suites offers several great services and amenities to all its guests. In the morning, come enjoy our free Hot Deluxe Breakfast with eggs, sausages, and hot waffles. Also, enjoy browsing the web with our free high-speed wireless Internet access. All of our rooms feature in-room coffee makers, irons, ironing boards, work desks and cable television. Rooms with microwaves, refrigerators, wet bars, and fireplaces are also available. Other amenities include an outdoor pool and spa, fitness center, with sauna, coin-operated laundry facilities, gift shop, free local calls, and complimentary local newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon Hotel Three Rivers
- Comfort Inn And Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
- Comfort Inn Three Rivers
- Sequoia Park Lodging
- Three Rivers Comfort Inn