They say in real estate, location is everything. I must admit Comfort Inn has the location. But the condition of the property as well as the attitude of the staff (SO unhelpful, unfriendly) is not going to keep the site opened much longer. Hotels can only exist on location for so long. Next time I return (and I will to Sequoia, not to the motel), I will stay elsewhere, even if it's much farther. Because location cannot be enough to put up with someone else's nasty bodily fluids and crusty dried bloody boogers on the comforters. Yes, you READ THAT RIGHT.
First of all, the staff gave us a key card that was not activated properly (requiring me to return to the front desk after hauling all my stuff only to be stranded at the front door to the room b/c I couldn't get INSIDE). When I returned to the desk to tell them, they were not apologetic. The guy "reactivated" the key and told me, "come back down if it doesn't work" IDIOT. Like going back and forth for a working key up and down the stairs to opposite ends of the building is NOT my idea of checking in with ease! HE should have offered to bring it up to me since there were 2 of them at the desk and it was clearly their mistake.
There's a chick at the front desk -- Amanda -- who was knock-down rude when I asked her for directions into the Sequoia park (like I was an idiot for not knowing since I've NEVER BEEN THERE BEFORE). I've never met ANYONE so rude. Why is she even at the front desk! Yes, Amanda, you are on full blast. Most of the visitors you get are people going to Sequoia. Get used to questions about HOW TO GET THERE from newbies who have never been.
The ice machine was broken and I asked housekeeping if there was another machine on the premises. She said no, she said go to the lobby and ask the front desk for ice which I did only to be told "we don't do that, you have to go to the other machine in the other building" (which I would have been happy to do if only I was informed there was another machine on the property! Why did she even lie to me in the first place that "there are no other machines on the premises") Same housekeeping staff was eying our room when we checked out (b/c we were hauling stuff up and down from the room to the car in the parking lot. We left the door unlocked (the kids were inside watching the stuff). She didn't know the kids were inside and poked her head in and walked back and forth several times (I'm convinced trying to spot something -- iphone? ipad? -- to steal and grab real fast without anyone being the wiser). We had the sign DO NOT DISTURB on our knob, so it wasn't like she could have been eying the room to clean it.
The message light on our phone kept lighting up but it was leftover messages for the previous occupant (which front desk kept saying they'll clear but never did so I kept having to call to find out if it's my messages or someone else's). Should have been wiped clean after my FIRST call.
The WORSE part of it all is -- I found whitish BODILY FLUID STAINS on TOP of the comforter. I also found dried BLOODY boogers caked onto the top of the same comforter. What the hell!? Disgusting! They do NOT wash the sheets/blankets/comforters! I took a towel and wrapped it around the pillow b/c I know they likely didn't wash pillowcases either.
The only thing this place has going for it is its location to Sequoia National Park. Other than that, this place belongs on Skid Row. Disgusting. The AC does not work adequately. We turned it to 74 only to have thermostat keep showing 80! I am the one in the family who is always cold. Yet, even I was HOT and had to keep waking up in the middle of the night and turning the AC to 65! Only then did it kick up -- and believe me, it was not up to 65 at all. It was MAYBE 75 at the very coolest. Thank goodness we were rarely IN the room. Mind you, we stayed during a heat wave too! It was 93 outside.
There was also ZERO safe. I can't remember the last time I went to a hotel that didn't have a safe of some sort. Also, even though it was nice that there was a fridge, it was not at all cold. The hotel had pulled off the thermostat adjustor so guests can't do it themselves. I'm sure this is an attempt to be cheap and "conserve" ... Our fridge was set on 1.5 out of 5 (with 5 being coolest). Therefore, the dairy and milk I bought SPOILED inside the fridge. I was really angry. I have kids who need the milk. I made a special stop BEFORE checking in to the hotel to buy milk. By the time I found out it was spoiled, it was too late to pick up another carton at the market across the street (convenient) which was already closed.
Overall, it's a horrible hotel and I don't think I would ever ever stay at another Comfort Inn EVER. I also found it laughable that there's a sign posted saying they'll charge you $15 for a hand towel or $20 for a bath towel ... seriously who would want those. They were so dirty and stained and frayed!
I would never stay in another Choice Hotel nor would I recommend it to anyone I like. Right after we checked out of this hotel, our next one was the Marriott which OMG was like heaven. And trust me, it wasn't the ritzy Marriott but just the extended-stay one ...which was CLEAN, which was a major feat given what we had to endure at Discomfort Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn & Suites is conveniently located only 5 miles from the Sequoia National Park, where you will find the General Sherman Tree and the Giant Forest. This hotel is the only official shuttle bus stop in the Three Rivers area that travels to Sequoia & Kings Canyon national parks (seasonal from May to September). We offer 103 guest rooms, including 16 suites, with many great amenities and services one could ask for in the Three Rivers area. The Three Rivers area has a great selection of year round activities as well as great restaurants. The Comfort Inn prides itself on offering a warm, inviting atmosphere that will immediately have you feeling right at home.Comfort Inn & Suites offers several great services and amenities to all its guests. In the morning, come enjoy our free Hot Deluxe Breakfast with eggs, sausages, and hot waffles. Also, enjoy browsing the web with our free high-speed wireless Internet access. All of our rooms feature in-room coffee makers, irons, ironing boards, work desks and cable television. Rooms with microwaves, refrigerators, wet bars, and fireplaces are also available. Other amenities include an outdoor pool and spa, fitness center, with sauna, coin-operated laundry facilities, gift shop, free local calls, and complimentary local newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets and Odigeo so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon Hotel Three Rivers
- Comfort Inn And Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
- Comfort Inn Three Rivers
- Sequoia Park Lodging
- Three Rivers Comfort Inn