Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
$311
$410
$129
BestWestern.com
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer Family Camp(Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park)
$299
  • Breakfast included
Super 8 Lindsay Olive Tree(Lindsay)(Great Value!)
$94
Rio Sierra Riverhouse(Three Rivers)
TripAdvisor
The Log House Lodge(Three Rivers)
TripAdvisor
1,287 results
All reviewswafflesroom was cleanfree breakfastmexican restaurantpizza placewould stay here againhot tubpizza factorynational parksequoia kings canyonoutdoor poolconvenient locationsmall townstayed here for one nightgrocery storesouth entrancelong drive
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We really liked the complete offer of the stay at Comfort Inn & Suites. At our stay we decided to have an 'off day' and just chill out, which is perfectly able at this accomodation. The use of the sauna, pool and the jacuzzi really made it possible along with the generous continental breakfast.

We really enjoyed our stay and would recommend it to anyone who is travelling along.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Kitty L, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your generous review. It's always nice to know that a guest enjoyed just staying close to the hotel for a well deserved rest and relaxation day... I love those days myself. We so much appreciate that you took the time to offer up your experience here at our property and hope that you return to do more of the same.

Happy Days to you,

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed for a nightiwth the family back in the first part of August. We had one of the larger rooms/suites which provided more than enough space for 2 adults and two teens. Room was very clean and comfortable. Nothing fancy (although I did not expact to be blown away by the decor of a comfort Inn) but obviously well maintained Check in was fast and easy, and the staff seemed well organized. The complimentary breakfasy buffet was good, but with just a few tweeks could be great. Very crowded for breakfast though, suggest you go early if you can and are staying in peak season as we were.
Note: Try Todds Pizza down the road. Brought some back to the hotel for dinner and it was amazing!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank yor for your review... It's always good to hear what we are doing right and it affirms that we are creating return guests. I'm pleased that there was ample room for your entire family as you where most likely in one of our family suite. I hope that if you are ever again in our area that you allow us to provide a safe and comfortable place for you and your family to stay.

Many Blessings,

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Went with a chain Instead of an independently owned so we'd be sure to have some of the standard hotel features. So you would think you would have (as the hotel claims) Internet in your room, or an ice machine. We had neither in the 3 days we were there. The ice machine never worked, and the front desk was fully aware of this yet did nothing but shrug. We had to sit in the lobby to get Internet (lots of other guests doing this as well). Again, the front desk just shrugged. The handle on the door to our room did not work and it was a struggle to get in every time, Now, on the upside of customer service, as there was no microwave in the room, I asked to use the one in the lobby and they said yes. After 4 minutes in the microwave, it was still completely frozen, it had not cooked at all. When I asked the woman at the front desk what I was doing wrong, she just looked up and shrugged again and said they were having trouble with it and went back to what she was doing (there was no one else in the lobby, so it's not like she was helping other guests). The rooms and grounds are starting to show their age, if this hotel continues on the path it's on, I wonder how much longer they can hold on to their franchise name.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 2_enjoying_life

Dear Guest,

I apologize for your disappointment in your stay with us. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of AT&T with our WIFI and cell service up here in this mountain community and do wish we had more control over that. We do also have 2 ice makers on the property and I believe that my staff would have graciously informed you of that and also would have assited you with the microwave in our kitchen had you needed help with that.

I wish your experience would have been more positive as we do strive to keep our standards high and our customer service the best as most all of our reviews attest. However, we do use every review good or bad as an opportunity to improve.

Many Regards,

Reviewed October 26, 2012

We stayed three nights in April 2012. The main areas of the motel are pleasant enough, and the location is convenient to what there is of the "downtown" area of Three Rivers, and close to national parks. The breakfast is ample, if somewhat pedestrian: fruit, bread of all kinds, condiments, coffee, juice, scrambled eggs (made from powdered eggs), sausage (made from God only knows what), and you can make your own waffles from pre-made batter and drown them in artificially colored and flavored corn syrup.

The big problem was with our room: I gave the carpet the "white socks" treatment (walk around for a while in white socks and see how long they stay white). It was not clean. One of the electrical outlets near the bed did not work, and in our bathroom, the fluorescent light over the sink and mirror was burnt out. When we called this in to maintenance, we had a fix-it man camping out with us on and off for three days, leaving the miscellaneous parts lying around the bathroom, and broken pieces of sharp plastic on the floor.

The light was never fixed. Our shower curtain had red stains -- blood or fingernail polish? I could not distinguish.

The hot tub was broken. I talked to a different maintenance man about that. He said they needed to go into the city to buy a replacement jet, but no one had bothered to perform that task.

When I complained about the hot tub, the staff claimed that the hot tub and pool were closed "for the season" (late April in California is out of season?), and claimed that this was indicated on their website (it was not... nor were the pool or hot tub in any way marked "closed"). And if the hot tub were out of service, why was it filled with hot water, even though the jets were broken?

Apparently, locals try to sneak in for free breakfast, so the motel staff had attempted to remedy this situation by removing the handle on the dining room door that faced the interior grounds. I don't know if it deterred locals, but it certainly made it difficult for us guests to enter the dining room without traipsing out and around the building to the front entrance.

Basically, this place was being run for the pleasure of the staff and not for the comfort of the guests.

I recommend that visitors to the area check out a local establishment and let this chain wither as it should.

PS: When I checked out, I made my feelings about the above-mentioned things very clear to the staff, and I requested that they refund the equivalent of one day's lodging. They refused, but said they would return 10% to our credit card.

They never made this refund.

Room Tip: Go to another establishment.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barry G

Dear Guest,

I apologize for your unsatifactory stay with us. As a correction, let me say that our eggs are not powered and our sausauge is 100% pork. We do have waffles irons so you can make either original or blueberry waffles and we serve Log Cabin syrup with them. We would love to afford pure maple syrup but we do our best to satisfy the palet of as many guests as possible. We also serve fruit, a variety of muffins, donuts, english muffins and wheat bread, 3 different types of cereal accompanied by 3 different juices, coffe and tea.

We had snow here in mid April and we did open the pool later in the month but my confusion lies in that if it was closed how could it be broken or even the water heated. We do unfortunatley have to shut off that entrance to the lobby because we are the only hotel in town that serves a hot breakfast and that is taken advantage of. By eliminating the access to the non guests you can imagine the money that we are able to save and every penny counts.

I apologize for the 3 days it took to replace a light bulb and I will look into that as that is completely unacceptable. As for the remainder of your complaints I again aplogize and hope that you have contacted us by now for your deserved discount.

Most Respectfully,

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Clean and pleasant room. However, there were no microwave and mini fridge. We need to borrow the microwave in the breakfast area to cook some instant noodle as there were no eatery around as we were in a very isolated place. Good thing was its very quiet. In room wifi Internet was weak and not working well. The complementary breakfast was good, parking was free.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JaimeT22

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review regarding your stay with us. We do offer rooms with and without the amenites of a microwave and refrigerator and some with a double jacuzzi in the room and or a sofa bed. We try and accomodate everyone and everyone has a different affordability level. As for restaruants we do have 2 just across the street and up about 300 yards. Those restaraunts are included in our guest directory located on the desk in every room. I'm happy that you did find your stay satisfactory and hope that you come back and stay with us again.

Many Blessings,