I worked in Sequoia National Park 30 years ago. I wanted to visit the park and see the changes.
I planned on riding a bicycle to the Giant Forest, from Visalia, but found out road construction wouldn't allow me to do that. So, I booked a room at the Comfort Inn at Three Rivers, the gateway-town to Sequoia Park.
I rode the "Sequoia Shuttle", that picked me up at the Comfort Inn. It took me all the way to the Giant Forest in Sequoia Park. There were free shuttle busses in the park.
All the buildings and structures, I remembered in Giant Forest, had been removed, to protect the Giant Sequoia trees. A person would never know there had been developement there, if not for the information kiosks. It was much better without the human structures in the "Big Trees".
The two nights I stayed at the Three Rivers Comfort Inn was really pleasant. A long soak in the hot tub after hiking aroung Giant Forest relaxed my weary bones. Delicious hot breakfasts both mornings made for a wonderful stay.
I plan on going back to Sequoia, again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn & Suites is conveniently located only 5 miles from the Sequoia National Park, where you will find the General Sherman Tree and the Giant Forest. This hotel is the only official shuttle bus stop in the Three Rivers area that travels to Sequoia & Kings Canyon national parks (seasonal from May to September). We offer 103 guest rooms, including 16 suites, with many great amenities and services one could ask for in the Three Rivers area. The Three Rivers area has a great selection of year round activities as well as great restaurants. The Comfort Inn prides itself on offering a warm, inviting atmosphere that will immediately have you feeling right at home.Comfort Inn & Suites offers several great services and amenities to all its guests. In the morning, come enjoy our free Hot Deluxe Breakfast with eggs, sausages, and hot waffles. Also, enjoy browsing the web with our free high-speed wireless Internet access. All of our rooms feature in-room coffee makers, irons, ironing boards, work desks and cable television. Rooms with microwaves, refrigerators, wet bars, and fireplaces are also available. Other amenities include an outdoor pool and spa, fitness center, with sauna, coin-operated laundry facilities, gift shop, free local calls, and complimentary local newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Odigeo, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn And Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
- Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon Hotel Three Rivers
- Comfort Inn Three Rivers
- Sequoia Park Lodging
- Three Rivers Comfort Inn