We stayed in the Comfort Inn in Three Rivers in July 2011 for 2 nights. Like most guests we stayed there to visit the beautiful Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks. Overall I would have given this hotel a "very good" rating, however it failed on two (at least for me) important counts.
But let me first hightlight the positives:
1) Location, Location, Location: This hotels is located about 15 to 20 minutes by car from one of the entrances to the Sequoia National Park.
2) It is nice and quiet during the night, expect of course the humming of the A/C during the summer.
3) Our room (a King Bed Suite with a Sofa Bed) was spacious for two adults and one child (a second child or a third adult could have easily fit into the room)
4) The condition of the room was very good, well maintained and clean
5) The parking is convenient right in front of the hotel.
Now the two negatives which lead me to rate this property "average" only:
A) I don't understand how the State of California can allow a property with this kind of room capacity to operate a hotel with such a small breakfast area. July is obviously high season and the hotel must have been completely full. The breakfast room in the morning was a complete chaos with people virtually trampling over each others feet or not finding a space to sit at all. The hotel even opened up an extra room, but it didn't really help much.
The lesson here is that either you accept it as is and consider it as a compromise for the excellent location and good value, or you don't have breakfast there or stay someplace else.
B) I hope that the WiFi system has been replaced by now. Being that Three Rivers is quite remote and the Mobile phone reception is spotty at best, to have a reliable WiFi would be a valuable feature and surely appreciated by many guests planning their excursions etc.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn & Suites is conveniently located only 5 miles from the Sequoia National Park, where you will find the General Sherman Tree and the Giant Forest. This hotel is the only official shuttle bus stop in the Three Rivers area that travels to Sequoia & Kings Canyon national parks (seasonal from May to September). We offer 103 guest rooms, including 16 suites, with many great amenities and services one could ask for in the Three Rivers area. The Three Rivers area has a great selection of year round activities as well as great restaurants. The Comfort Inn prides itself on offering a warm, inviting atmosphere that will immediately have you feeling right at home.Comfort Inn & Suites offers several great services and amenities to all its guests. In the morning, come enjoy our free Hot Deluxe Breakfast with eggs, sausages, and hot waffles. Also, enjoy browsing the web with our free high-speed wireless Internet access. All of our rooms feature in-room coffee makers, irons, ironing boards, work desks and cable television. Rooms with microwaves, refrigerators, wet bars, and fireplaces are also available. Other amenities include an outdoor pool and spa, fitness center, with sauna, coin-operated laundry facilities, gift shop, free local calls, and complimentary local newspaper. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Choice Hotels, Priceline, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon Hotel Three Rivers
- Comfort Inn And Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
- Comfort Inn Three Rivers
- Sequoia Park Lodging
- Three Rivers Comfort Inn