Three Rivers Hideaway
$172
$159
Marriott Hotels
$75
All reviewsthe riverlocation is greatplace to staycamperswhitewatercamping
Reviewed September 6, 2010

Last year Labor Day 2009 we rented three cabins for our extended group. Two of the cabins were ready for occupancy, but the third cabin next to the manager's campsite was still occupied and wasn't ready until after 1pm. It turns out the occupants were close friends of the management. This year in May 2010 we reserved all three cabins again and were told just two weeks prior to Labor Day that there was a conflict in cabin rentals and only two were available. During our stay we came to find out, that the same cabin was in use by the management's friends again! It would be nice if your management would not be so selfish and inconsiderate putting their own pleasure before the needs of the business!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank rique1
Reviewed July 25, 2010

As others have said, the guy running the place is nice- but Three Rivers Hideaway is second-rate at best. The electrical service doesn't have enough power for all the RVs, so beyond early afternoon you can forget running your A/C. Ever see that TV show "Green Acres" where they had an amateur goofy electrical system and they could never run all the appliances at the same time? Welcome to Three Rivers Hideaway. "Wifi" only works half the time, and very slow. Plus- lots of junky mobile homes and trailers; everybody is parked on top of everybody else. Noise. No privacy. Yeah, it's a hide away alright, and you won't want to hide here very long.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank hotdog132746
Reviewed July 19, 2010

This review is for tent camping only. The staff were very friendly and we got a site right on the river. We traveled with a bunch of kids from 3 years to teens and they all loved it. They have a great swimming hole here. The only drawback is that the campground could do with some sprucing up. While the campsites are right on the river they area just inland of the sites is a huge open space that has been graveled over. It's too bad because if they would just plant trees here it wouldn't affect access and would even give the proprietor's more campsites. The other minor aesthetic problem is that there is a pile of building material and debris next to 3 of the sites. It’s only barely hidden by the trees.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Mistercha
Reviewed July 9, 2010

I went here with coworkers and our families. I stayed in the cabin for 2 nights with my almost 3 yr old. The bed was comfy and the room was clean. It was nice to not have to walk anywhere to use the bathroom and shower or lug things around to take a shower. My cabin neighbors were quiet. I even texted my dad and told him I felt like I was in a retreat!! My friends camped in tents by the river. My other friends were in RV's. They had a great time too!! We went to the lake and lounged during the day!! I stayed the last night in the tent with them and the only bad thing was neighbors rocking out late at night and the 6:15am blaring music by other campers!!! I also got poison oak that was a few feet from their site!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank rnjessicaCamarillo
Reviewed May 20, 2010

To make a long story short the staff, once you could find them, were pleasant but the rooms and grounds were horrible. It was so old and dirty that we literally slept in our sleeping bags on the bed and checked out after just one evening. We would have left sooner if we could have found a room avaliable. The "cabins" are just old tiny rooms with carpeting so old and dirty it is coming loose from the padding; we wouldn't walk barefoot in the place. However to be fair if you are tent camping this is a great spot, and it is right on the river along a nice swimming hole.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple