“Felt like part of their family!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sequoia River Dance B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Three Rivers
Sequoia River Dance B&B
Ranked #1 of 11 Three Rivers B&B and Inns
Oakland, CA
“Felt like part of their family!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2007

We have relatives in the area, so we visit at least 3 times a year. We love staying with Sharon and her husband, they always make us feel so welcome and they are great with our two girls (8 and 11). I could not recommend this lovely place more.
--Kelly Jonick

• Liked — Warm and comforting
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Central Valley of California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2007

After 2 weeks of research I chose this B&B,and when I made my reservation 2 weeks before my arrival date, the owner indicated she would be out of town, but had staff to tend to us. 3 days before my arrival, she called to say that no staff would be available, but she would leave supplies me to cook my own breakfast, which I was ok with, but when I asked for an adjustment to the tarriff, she declined. She later called me back to cancel completely. I advised her this put me in a tough spot, and through conversation, she agreed to try to locate another accomodation for me. The one she found did not offer a king sized bed, so I had to decline. When she called the next day to see if I found accomodations, I indicated that in the spirit of good business practice, she might extend to me a complimentary night for another visit. She declined that request too. She stated doing the leg work to find another hotel (she called one) satisfied her obligation to me. Ouch!

Stayed May 2007
2 Thank mellyebelle
New Brunswick, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2007

We stumbled upon this place on the internet and stayed there 1 nite march/07. Picturesque setting close to sequoia national park. Hosts are very friendly and more than willing to help with whatever questions we had. And the breakfast! Now, this lady can cook. A gourmet breakfast we can still taste. It was wonderful. And of course, Jack the black lab who got short-changed on his tail at birth, completed our visit. Great spot, would not hesitate to stay again.

• Liked — the breakfast, the hosts, the location
  • Disliked — not a long enough stay
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank H&B_love_to_travel
Wurzburg, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2006

We had a really lovely stay in this B&B. Our bed was very, very comfortable (I was tempted to ask what brand mattress it was because I loved it that much!) and the room was clean and nicely decorated.

Breakfast was prepared hot & fresh each morning by the innkeeper, and it was a nice atmosphere as we all sat around the table for our meal. We chatted with other families staying at the inn on both of the mornings of our stay which was fun.

I would definitely stay at this inn again as it was clean, comfortable & convenient for access to the parks.

• Liked — The backyard and the bed
  • Disliked — bath was across the hall (but was still private for only us)
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank american_girl_abroad
Wairoa, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2006

This B&B is an ex-nunnery. Spacious, and picturequely-located on the bank of a small stream, it has a perfect location.

The rooms are comfortable, the home is filled with lovely antiques, and the sound of the river close by was very soothing.

Breakfast was a real treat! This is absolutely wonderful value for money. We would stay here again without hesitation.

Stayed June 2006
1 Thank Lake_Road_B_and_B
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2006

Our stay at The Sequoia River Dance was one of the best vacation experiences we've had. We arrived late in the evening very tired from our long 18-hour travel day. As soon as we stepped out of our car, it was instant relaxation due to the inviting sounds of the running river in the back yard. The owner had a nice bottle of wine open and waiting for us to enjoy out by river.

The whole establishment was clean and comfortable and the atmosphere was very relaxing. In the morning Sharon had a pot of really great coffee brewed, and I took a cup down to the river to sip while watching a wide variety of bird activity. We enjoyed a wonderful breakfast of homemade biscuits with honey, eggs, fresh melon and orange juice. The owners are dog lovers like us, so that was an added bonus for me. They have a laid-back black Lab named Jack who sat with me at the water's edge - he was excellent company.

This bed and breakfast is very close to the entrance of the Sequoia National Park which is why we initially chose to stay here. But I would certainly stay here again even if it wasn't so close to the park's entrance. The Sequoia National Park was an awesome place to visit and the Sequoia River Dance was the icing on the cake of our vacation.

• Stayed May 2006
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2005

The B & B has a tranquil setting on the South Fork River. I have had the pleasure of staying at the B & B six different times. I belong to a group of quilters and we stay at the B & B for sewing retreats. The B & B has two rooms on the back of the house that accommodate up to 8 people sewing. These rooms have large windows with a river views.

The owners are culinary experts. Upon request, they will provide all the meals for your retreat. The meals are outstanding; we have had barbequed fresh salmon, stuffed pork tenderloin, fresh steamed vegetables, and homemade cheesecakes.

The B & B is a perfect setting for any retreat, from meditation to crafts. The food, atmosphere, and personal touch from the owners make this location unlike other B & B's. I highly recommend this location to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed October 2005
BEST WESTERN Exeter Inn & Suites
Sierra Lodge
Sierra Lodge
#5 of 6 in Three Rivers

Been to Sequoia River Dance B&B? Share your experiences!