“Loved it - will definitely return!”

Sequoia River Dance B&B
Ranked #1 of 11 Three Rivers B&B and Inns
LA
“Loved it - will definitely return!”
Reviewed August 15, 2009

I came across Sequoia River Dance B&B while I was planning a last-minute trip to Sequoia/Kings Canyon. I was traveling alone up from LA and was unfamiliar with the area, so I needed a place that was safe but I hoped to find one that allowed me to meet other travelers and hear what they recommended doing in the area. This B&B was perfect, and I will definitely return with my boyfriend as well as with family and friends that want to see Seqouia. I stayed in the Crescent Meadows room - the bed was huge, the bedding was wonderful, it was perfectly quiet (very important to me), plus there is a ceiling fan and AC to keep it cool during the heat of August. Breakfast was a delicious start to exploring the parks (mushroom & zucchini quiche in a homemade crust served with homestyle potatoes, OJ, and fruit). Looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
London
Reviewed August 9, 2009

Sharon and Dan were the perfect hosts friendly but not over the top allowing you space to enjoy their beautiful house and garden. We stayed for five days and were presented each day with a different style of cooked breakfast all home recipes and cooked perfectly. The breakfast were taken at a large table for the guests and this was a great experience, the talk was interesting and wide ranging with everybody very friendly and enjoying their visit to the B&B and the wonderful nearby Sequoia park. We thoughly recommend the B&B which provides a perfect base for exploring the park.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
san diego
Reviewed July 10, 2009

A perfect location for either a base or one night stay for visiting Sequoia National Park. The home is warm and friendly. There is a marvelous back yard with tranquil settings overlooking the river. Our room was well appointed and very clean. Sharon and Dan were very good hosts and put on a wonderful breakfast. We enjoyed the conversation with other guests from Romania and England at breakfast. If I had known how nice it was I would stayed more nights with Sharon and Dan but it was our last night in Sequoia.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Sharon and Dan were perfect hosts. We met many interesting people with very easy access to the parks in the area. Those are some really cool big trees! I would recommend them strongly.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 7, 2009

Sharon and Dan were so gracious. The property is located approx. 6 miles from the entrance to Sequoia which was terrific. The property is gorgeous with a river running through the back yard. Sharon's breakfasts were sooooo delicious, rooms were cute and clean and my SINGLE complaint would be the towels...they should be replaced with plush ones. Other than that, it was an amazing experience and we will be sure to stay there again soon.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
uk
Reviewed May 10, 2009

The Sequoia River Dance B&B was really cosy and comfortable, and we had a very relaxing nights stay. The owners were very friendly and really made us feel at home. Breakfast was cooked from scratch for us and was very good. Our room was beautifully decorated with a lovely view of the river outside. I really recommend this B&B.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 25, 2009

My husband and I stayed here for one night as part of a trip round California in March/April. We originally booked a queen room with private (but not en suite) bathroom. However, because she had a cancellation the landlady kindly upgraded us to a king room with en suite bathroom – the 'Crescent Meadow' room (see attached photos).

It was a clean and well-maintained room with a very comfortable bed. It was quite small, but this was only slightly problematic for us because we had two large suitcases. Otherwise it wouldn't have been an issue, especially as there was a communal sitting area provided for guests with a large flatscreen TV and books etc. The property also has a beautiful back garden with seats overlooking a creek. (From the front the property doesn’t look anything special but see the attached photos for the lovely view of the back of the house. The rooms inside, especially the kitchen/breakfast room which has an amazing high ceiling, are also very attractive). As far as I can remember though, there wasn’t any wi-fi available.

The landlady and her husband were very friendly, as were the other guests, with whom we had an interesting conversation at breakfast (in fact I think it may have been travjunkiewmuch2c from the review below!). As other reviewers have commented, breakfast was really good. When we were there it consisted of a cheese and spinach omelette, fried potatoes, melon and toast with homemade pear preserve, plus coffee and orange juice. Might not sound that exciting but all really tasty and well made!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
Sierra Lodge
Sierra Lodge
#5 of 6 in Three Rivers
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer Family Camp
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer...
#2 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Best Western Exeter Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon

Been to Sequoia River Dance B&B? Share your experiences!