“I should have read the desciption better” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sequoia River Dance B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Three Rivers
Sequoia River Dance B&B
Ranked #1 of 11 Three Rivers B&B and Inns
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“I should have read the desciption better”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

I think when I booked this I did not read the description properly. I thought we were staying in our own cabins and did not realise that we were staying in a room in someone elses cabin, so I was a little shocked when shown to our room. However Sharon was welcoming when we got there and pointed us to local maps/books etc all about the area which we sat and read. I was a little disappointed there was no tv in the room and being as we were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary I did feel that that every thing else was out of the question in a shared house (a bit like going home and being in the next room to your mother.. if you know what I mean???)... but as I said, that is my own fault for not reading the description enough. We did however have a lovely room and a very peaceful nights sleep. It is in a beautiful setting with a river running at the side of it. I would have liked a little choice at breakfast, because as much as I loved it, my husband does not eat sweet things and struggled to eat it... he was so looking forward to eggs for breakfast which he did not get. I did actually enjoy sharing breakfast with other guests and chatting to them about their travels etc. I would still recomend this place highly even though it was not what I had planned in my mind... Note to myself to read description more carefully in the future :)

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jujitsudee13
ShaShaSierraNevada, Owner at Sequoia River Dance B&B, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Most of our guests are very well traveled, and have enjoyed the experience of a bed and breakfast in the past. These guests have chosen us for that reason, and not by mistake. It is not for everyone, but many travelers appreciate the warmer, more personalized service of a B&B, rather than the cool anonymity of a large motel.

I believe our website gives a fair description of the kind of a place we are, photos included.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Pomona CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

We recently spent 3 nights at Sequoia River Dance -- and enjoyed our stay. Home comfort in a spacious suburban home along a small river located off the main highway which is a real plus. Although the individual rooms are small - ours was bright and comfy with what we needed for a great Spring weekend of exploration. We looked forward to our breakfasts and morning conversations with the inn keepers and enjoyed their ability to connect with items of interest to us. In the evening - the house living area and media room were ours - along with an affectionate house cat. Lovely, simple grounds and location along the river with decks overlooking -- a great informal and local find!

Room Tip: Sequoia has nice light from 2 sides, its own bath and an extra day bed which is great for R&R; T...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank zzyzx11
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014

As my husband and I started our holiday road trip Christmas Eve, this was our first stop - & boy was in the best! The B&B is in a residential area, so you might think you're lost at first. It's so close to Sequoia National Park - the owners can help you with any questions you might have. We loved it and wish we had stayed longer than two days!

Pros:
-The owners are fantastic; kind, helpful, thoughtful and great company!
-Breakfast is fantastic! Sherry modified my breakfast to a vegetarian option!
-The B&B feels so comfortable; just like a home should. They have the TV downstairs, books, board and card games and maps to read
-The patio area outside overlooks a beautiful river - it's simply amazing. At night, you've never seen so many stars!
-The room was so comfortable and cozy - it was perfect
-Bathroom was clean and ready
-Kitchen was open and available to us. The owners left out cups for tea and hot coco, along with chocolate treats

Cons:
-No TV in the room

I would stay here again, in fact, I'd like to rent it out and have my entire family stay here. I recommend this B&B to everyone - you won't be sorry!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Los Angeles
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

My two daughters, husband, and FOUR dogs stayed over Veterans Day weekend...............had a lovely time! Sharon was very accommodating, and complimented us on our well behaved dogs. The setting is beautiful - the back of the house is located right on the river, and the riverbank has lots of oak and sycamore trees. The photo above is exactly right! The trees had their Fall colors, and it was breathtaking! We spent lots of time out in the back, nice big lawn by the riverbank, with our doggies.

The breakfasts are wonderful! We had frittata one day, French toast another, and a special custardy apple dish another, with sausage, potatoes, and appropriate accompaniments. We were welcome to get seconds, and there was no shortage of food! Delicious coffee and juice as well.

Other reviewers are right in that there are not any fine dining establishments in the area - pretty rural..........however, in Exeter there is a French restaurant called Monets, which is known far and wide, where we dined one evening..........great food, fun guitar player, and a nice evening all around.......We thoroughly enjoyed the Park, which, after all, is why people come to this area.

The only downside is that yes, the rooms are a bit dated and the towels are somewhat threadbare. Rooms are small, but the beds are devine! Better than my bed at home - had a wonderful sleep. Our rooms was downstairs, and the girls were upstairs. Upstairs there is a little porch facing the river, with a refrigerator for food and drinks..........

We thoroughly enjoyed meeting Sharon, and had a good time chatting with her other guests. Would definitely return if we went back to the Park.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Glenda M
Orange County, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We stayed for 4 nights and enjoyed Sequoia & Kings Canyon with two other couples. One day while the guys took a hike, the girls went for lunch & shopping in the little town of Exeter. Lots of Antique Stores to explore.The B & B was very comfortable for visiting with friends and playing cards. Breakfasts were so good! The Inn Keepers were very nice.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Travlerdede
wakefield
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed here and was the most disappointing of all our hotel rooms. Our double bed was pushed into what used to be a built in wardrobe, the bathroom was so dated and the carpet needed a good clean. Breakfast was ok but no choice. Animals living in the house ...not very nice in the kitchen area for guests

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kazaWakefield
ShaShaSierraNevada, Owner at Sequoia River Dance B&B, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
The room you speak of actually has a king sized bed, and the headboard is built into an alcove in the room. I'm aware of no problem whatsoever in the bathroom.

We do have one indoor / outdoor cat and we are pet friendly, which many of our guests appreciate. We are considerate of anyone that might not enjoy the company of a dog or cat, and
in that case, we would keep the pet away from her.
Bakersfield, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

My wife and I made a last minute reservation at the Sequoia River Cabin. After a simple "Google" of B&B's near Sequoia, I am glad I stumbled on this! We absolutely loved the cabin! It sat right on the river, had a full kitchen, a very cozy living area, and an outdoor jacuzzi bathtub!! It was the perfect little weekend getaway for my wife and I!! Our last night, as we sat out on the deck eating the dinner we cooked, a beautiful 8-point buck came right across the grass area near the creek. It was perfect. We will definitely be back as soon as we can to try and enjoy a winter weekend!! I'd say the only downfall is yes, it's on the main highway, but they include a nice fan in the bedroom which drowns out any noise in the mornings. We have no complaints other than we wish we could've stayed a little longer.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
BEST WESTERN Exeter Inn & Suites
Sierra Lodge
Sierra Lodge
#5 of 6 in Three Rivers

Been to Sequoia River Dance B&B? Share your experiences!