“What A Lovely Riverdance”

Sequoia River Dance B&B
Ranked #1 of 11 Three Rivers B&B and Inns
pasadena,california
“What A Lovely Riverdance”
Reviewed October 16, 2007

My boyfriend and I stayed one night at this B&B and had a wonderful time there. First of all, making my reservation went very smoothly by phone. The owner, Sharon, was helpful, warm, and friendly. We were happily surprised to find out when we arrived that she upgraded us to a larger bedroom (at no extra charge), when she received a last-minute cancellation. We enjoyed using their "family room" area to play games, music, and just chat with some friends who were staying in town but at another B&B. Sharon also made a very hearty, delicious breakfast--egg frittata, grits with mushrooms, sourdough bread, fruit, and pastries, and of course plenty of juice, coffee, and tea. She was thoughtful and considerate enough to ask us about any foods we could not eat and even altered her breakfast dishes for this reason. Her backyard is gorgeous and overlooks the river. We enjoyed this area very much on our last morning there, sitting by the water, and basking in the sun. I don't even know what time checkout is officially because Sharon never made us leave at a certain time; instead, she allows her guests to take their time, and enjoy the surroundings without feeling rushed.
Thank-you Sequoia Riverdance for a wonderful, enjoyable stay!

• Liked — The backyard and the view of the river
  • Disliked — can't think of anything--i liked everything
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
5 Thank lhotse

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Strongsville, OH
Reviewed August 22, 2007

My mother, nephew and I spent two nights at this B & B last week and LOVED every minute of our stay! Sharon and Dan were terrific hosts and Sharon's breakfasts were scrumptous. Breakfast is normally served at 8:30 a.m. but Sharon even got up an hour early to prepare breakfast for the three of us one morning so that we could eat before our full day tour of Sequoia National Park. The tour company, Sequoia Sightseeing Tours, even picked us up at the B & B for our tour!

The Day Room has a huge TV with DVD's for your viewing pleasure and the most comfortable couches I have ever sunk myself into. There is also a chess set and many books, including some great ones of the National Parks in the area.

We stayed in The Sierra room with a Queen and Twin bed and private bathroom. The bathroom was newly remodeled and there was everything you needed - shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc. in a basket on the railing of the hallway. The room was super clean and quiet and the beds were very comfortable. Look under the bed for extra pillows - I didn't realize that until the second night.

Overall, I would highly recommend staying at The Sequoia River Dance B & B if you are looking for somewhere clean, quiet, comfortable, friendly and NOT just a plain old hotel.

• Liked — The delicious breakfasts and the comfortable beds.
  • Disliked — It wasn't their fault but the river behind the B & B was dry!
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank marycanyon
New York
Reviewed June 25, 2007

Stayed here one night while visiting Sequoia National Park (about 45min drive to Three Rivers) . The property is by a river, and is peaceful and quiet. Owners are very friendly and welcoming, and they have a beautiful home. Most travelers who stay here have a pet. Rooms are nicely decorated with a personal touch, but bathroom is not ensuite. Our bathroom was adjacent to our room, but we did not have to share it. We are a family of four, with twin toddlers, and we were in a room with a queen bed, and one full size, which was placed in what we think was originally a closet - but our boys loved it. It was comfortable enough for one night. Breakfast is continental, and Sharon bakes fresh pastry. Dinner options are limited - we ate at the Gateway Inn (about 20 mins drive) which is at a very pretty location, but food was terrible (and expensive) .

• Stayed June 2007
2 Thank WageniSasa
Israel
Reviewed June 24, 2007

I came across this place but I was right to follow my intuition.I stayed 2 nights there 15-16 June 2006.It's like to find something that you dreamed of.Not just my childhood dream about big trees but fairy tale inn materialized in Three Rivers.And excellent breakfast is speciality of Sharon.Thanks a lot.
Anatoly Meller,Israel

• Liked — Silence,cleanness and frankness
  • Disliked — I didn't find anything
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
2 Thank AnatolyIsrael
Seal Beach, California
Reviewed June 3, 2007

When looking for a place to stay in three rivers for a birthday weekend trip to sequoia national forest, i was searching for something affordable but nice. i came across the sequoia river dance bed and breakfast on the net and checked out their website. it sounded too good to be true. relaxing riverside location, tasteful design, wonderful breakfasts, within our slim budget and friendly hosts. there had to be a catch. maybe they were located right off the highway. we booked anyway and found everything exceeded our expectations. the beds were comfy, we stayed in a room wtih a river view (which when we opened our windows everynight, we were lulled to sleep by the sound of the cascading water). the hosts dan and sharon couldn't have been more pleasant and accomodating and the breakfasts were outstanding. we were there three nights and every morning we woke up to something that smelled wonderful and tasted even better. our last day she made a dutch baby (a flat crepe like pancake with fresh strawberries on top), great coffee, juice and fresh fruit. i told sharon, the cook and owner, that she was spoiling us all with her great breakfasts and she said "that's the idea.". the last morning we sat around the table with several other couples who seemed
as delighted with everything as we did. i would recoommend this b&b very highly, plus it doesn't have all the foo-foo flowery preciousness that some b&b's could do without.

-jeff and devon, huntington beach, ca

• Liked — great breakfasts, homey atmosphere, nice hosts
  • Disliked — their street front signage was obscured by an overgrown bush, so we blew right past it
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank devonandjeff
Oakland, CA
Reviewed May 2, 2007

We have relatives in the area, so we visit at least 3 times a year. We love staying with Sharon and her husband, they always make us feel so welcome and they are great with our two girls (8 and 11). I could not recommend this lovely place more.
--Kelly Jonick

• Liked — Warm and comforting
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family
Central Valley of California
Reviewed May 1, 2007

After 2 weeks of research I chose this B&B,and when I made my reservation 2 weeks before my arrival date, the owner indicated she would be out of town, but had staff to tend to us. 3 days before my arrival, she called to say that no staff would be available, but she would leave supplies me to cook my own breakfast, which I was ok with, but when I asked for an adjustment to the tarriff, she declined. She later called me back to cancel completely. I advised her this put me in a tough spot, and through conversation, she agreed to try to locate another accomodation for me. The one she found did not offer a king sized bed, so I had to decline. When she called the next day to see if I found accomodations, I indicated that in the spirit of good business practice, she might extend to me a complimentary night for another visit. She declined that request too. She stated doing the leg work to find another hotel (she called one) satisfied her obligation to me. Ouch!

Stayed May 2007
Sierra Lodge
Sierra Lodge
#5 of 6 in Three Rivers
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer Family Camp
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer...
#2 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Best Western Exeter Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon

Been to Sequoia River Dance B&B? Share your experiences!