“Awful - one of our worst dining experiences ever” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Gateway Restaurant and Lodge

The Gateway Restaurant and Lodge
Ranked #8 of 15 Restaurants in Three Rivers
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Scenic view, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Greer, SC
“Awful - one of our worst dining experiences ever”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

The restaurant menu proudly proclaims "The only thing we overlook is the river" - HOGWASH. This is the epitome of a tourist trap: terrible food at terribly inflated prices. We split a New England clam chowder, and it was so artificially thickened it was goopy. My husband's trout almondine was o.k. but cost $25; my so-called seafood crepes, supposedly made with "salmon, bay shrimp, crab, and scallops" were just plain wretched. The crepes were so doughy they were more like flour tortillas; there was more mediocre salmon than anything else; and the crab was the fake stuff! I couldn't believe it cost $26 for two utterly lousy, bogus crepes. The service was slow and the server surly. She acted like she loathed what she was doing. The only thing this place has going for it is its location on the river. There is a reason the ratings for this establishment are what they are; I only wish I'd read them before we went there. AVOID AT ALL COSTS. The Mexican restaurant by the Comfort Inn is much better.

• Visited May 2014

• Hebrew first
silver spring md
“A pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2014

We did not expect a white tablecloth restaurant right outside of Sequoia NP and were surprised when we walked in. We were seated immediately at a table overlooking the river--a beautiful setting. I had excellent trout and husband had delicious osso buco. Our only complaint was less than perfect service--had to hunt her down for water and a coffee refill. She never checked back after food was served and we were never told about the specials. In fairness, she was new and hopefully will improve with experience. I would recommend this restaurant although the prices were on the expensive side.

Visited May 2014
Riverside, California
“Great Location and Greatly Overpriced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

I was there with my wife and another couple.

Waitress was very nice, the Location was wonderful, windows overlooking stream and rocks.

The food was average at best, and the prices were over the top.

Visited June 2014
Redwood City
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A great meal in a small town”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014

Just returned from a great trip to Sequoia & Kings Canyon Nat'l Parks. Our last night had dinner at the Gateway Restaurant in Three Rivers, CA. Not many restaurant choices in this small town. The Gateway was a wonderful surprise. Great service & a beautiful location with outdoor seating facing the river. The food was very good and plentiful. Coming from the SF Bay Area I did not find the prices to be expensive for the quality of the food we received. I highly recommend the Gateway Restaurant.

• Visited June 2014
los angeles
“Out of Bread out of Calamari out of Baked Potato”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014

We arrived on a Thurs night after a long drive in from LA. The gal and comfort inn recommended it. We got there at 8:00 Pm and were excited to eat there as we heard good things.
We sat on Balcony overlooking the river and ambience was very charming.
Now this place has fine dining prices so we expected a really good meal. The food was average and we were disappointed. Now granted they said they had had a busy day and were out of Baked Potato which they didn't tell us till 10 minutes after we placed the order for steak, Also out of Bread and calamari all the good stuff.
You think they might have offered us a complimentary coffee or dessert or something.. Nah

Everyone can have an off night I get it and can appreciate it .
I heard other people ate there and really enjoyed it.

Visited April 2014