“A great meal in a small town”

The Gateway Restaurant and Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Gateway Restaurant and Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 16 Restaurants in Three Rivers
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Just returned from a great trip to Sequoia & Kings Canyon Nat'l Parks. Our last night had dinner at the Gateway Restaurant in Three Rivers, CA. Not many restaurant choices in this small town. The Gateway was a wonderful surprise. Great service & a beautiful location with outdoor seating facing the river. The food was very good and plentiful. Coming from the SF Bay Area I did not find the prices to be expensive for the quality of the food we received. I highly recommend the Gateway Restaurant.

There are newer reviews for The Gateway Restaurant and Lodge

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We arrived on a Thurs night after a long drive in from LA. The gal and comfort inn recommended it. We got there at 8:00 Pm and were excited to eat there as we heard good things.
We sat on Balcony overlooking the river and ambience was very charming.
Now this place has fine dining prices so we expected a really good meal. The food was average and we were disappointed. Now granted they said they had had a busy day and were out of Baked Potato which they didn't tell us till 10 minutes after we placed the order for steak, Also out of Bread and calamari all the good stuff.
You think they might have offered us a complimentary coffee or dessert or something.. Nah

Everyone can have an off night I get it and can appreciate it .
I heard other people ate there and really enjoyed it.

Reviewed May 31, 2014

We sat on the deck and had a great river view. We enjoyed watching wildlife ( ducks, fish and possum) from the deck. We ordered escargot, rack of Lamb and halibut. The food was very good and our server recommended a really good wine pairing also.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is the best restaurant for dinner that we have found in three rivers. The views from the outside seating is beautiful. The food we had was good but it is not cheap...... but what do you expect when not in a big city.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Let me just say this, never in my life have I ever been to a restaurant where the waitress added an automatic 20% tip on my bill for a party of 5, and after inquiring about it, was told with a straight face that it was restaurant policy. First one for me.
We were visiting the Sequoia National Park for Memorial weekend and the local Comfort Inn Hotel recommended us to visit this place. They spoke highly of it; so, convinced, I took my family to enjoy a pleasant dinner. The hostess gave us a table within 5 minutes of getting there but since we didn't have "a reservation", we were seated by a corner window. After the busboy served us water, I started to experience a constant buzzing of flies roaming around the table and bumping into the window. It became so annoying, I sterted knocking them down with my cloth napkin.
The service was marginal and food was decent . It was after I noticed the "automatic" tip on my bill that we got up, went to the hostess and asked to speak to the Manager. She looked at the bar tender and aked him for the Manager. -What? So, after a minute or so, a girl walks up to us and asked us what she could help us with. We explained the situation, showed her the bill with the waitress handwriting and asked if the 20% was restaurant policy? She picked up the menu, looked for the tip scale and said - No, that's not our policy. She then immediately canceled our bill and gave us a new one without the added tip. Because the waitress lied to us we added -0- tip. She had just screwed herself out of one.
The acting manager (I suppose) didn't even call the waitress to correct this "oversite" and who knows if has happened more than once.

Nice view of the river... sad experience for us.