“Great food with a river view”

The Gateway Restaurant and Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Gateway Restaurant and Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Three Rivers
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We sat on the deck and had a great river view. We enjoyed watching wildlife ( ducks, fish and possum) from the deck. We ordered escargot, rack of Lamb and halibut. The food was very good and our server recommended a really good wine pairing also.

There are newer reviews for The Gateway Restaurant and Lodge

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is the best restaurant for dinner that we have found in three rivers. The views from the outside seating is beautiful. The food we had was good but it is not cheap...... but what do you expect when not in a big city.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Let me just say this, never in my life have I ever been to a restaurant where the waitress added an automatic 20% tip on my bill for a party of 5, and after inquiring about it, was told with a straight face that it was restaurant policy. First one for me.
We were visiting the Sequoia National Park for Memorial weekend and the local Comfort Inn Hotel recommended us to visit this place. They spoke highly of it; so, convinced, I took my family to enjoy a pleasant dinner. The hostess gave us a table within 5 minutes of getting there but since we didn't have "a reservation", we were seated by a corner window. After the busboy served us water, I started to experience a constant buzzing of flies roaming around the table and bumping into the window. It became so annoying, I sterted knocking them down with my cloth napkin.
The service was marginal and food was decent . It was after I noticed the "automatic" tip on my bill that we got up, went to the hostess and asked to speak to the Manager. She looked at the bar tender and aked him for the Manager. -What? So, after a minute or so, a girl walks up to us and asked us what she could help us with. We explained the situation, showed her the bill with the waitress handwriting and asked if the 20% was restaurant policy? She picked up the menu, looked for the tip scale and said - No, that's not our policy. She then immediately canceled our bill and gave us a new one without the added tip. Because the waitress lied to us we added -0- tip. She had just screwed herself out of one.
The acting manager (I suppose) didn't even call the waitress to correct this "oversite" and who knows if has happened more than once.

Nice view of the river... sad experience for us.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

Expensive but excellent food and service. The patio is riverside and is a relaxing beautiful setting.

Reviewed May 19, 2014

"Food quality was Outstanding" great waiters and waitresses, the ambience we were overlooking the waterfalls at our window seat. Get there early if you don't have reservations. We were very fortunate because 15 minutes later they were having their dinner graduates' function". Outside seating as well.