“Perfect lunch for a perfect winter afternoon” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #9 of 14 Restaurants in Three Rivers
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
California
“Perfect lunch for a perfect winter afternoon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We enjoyed our leasure lunch this afternoon at this wonderful dining establishment.
Our wait staff "Heather" was kind and attentive, food was delicious, just perfect!

I would recommend dining here for everyday and special occasions.

The views of the river and mountains are breath taking - right from your table!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars

“Best restaurant view of Kaweah river!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012 via mobile

A must do if you're heading into or out of the Park! Food is good and view is best, even at night as they light up river for your evening river experience!! Sunday brunch is very good too.

Visalia, California
“ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Great view and service was good. Food was okay but pretty pricey for what it entailed. Not a bad way to end a trip to the park though

Visited April 2012
“Seriously overpriced for the amount of money they charge!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

The service was ok, our waiter was friendly. We had calamari for starter and those were ok. For the main course we had ribs and they were quite over cooked and dry. Ingredients and presentation was below average.

• 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Folkestone, United Kingdom
“Extremely welcoming”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

Whilst driving towards the Sequoia National Park, I saw this restaurant after passing though the town of Three Rivers. I was tired and hungry so I decided to have a rest and have someting to eat. The owner greeted my at the entrance as if I was his long lost brother. He set me at ease and presented me with a wonderful menu of fine cusine. The food was excellent and the waiter and waitress were really kind and helpful. Even though I ate alone, I felt as if everyone in the restaurant were my friends. The place was clean and plenty of room between the tables. I have since returned to The Gateway because of the happy and warm feeling I experienced before. I can highly recommend The Gateway and you can tell them that Mustang Mike from the UK told you so.

• Visited August 2012