“Pricey but worth doing”

The Gateway Restaurant and Lodge
Reserve with OpenTable
The Gateway Restaurant and Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Three Rivers
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed October 15, 2012

Sit outside. That's what makes it all worthwhile. The view is amazing. Nice menu selection; food well-prepared and presented. Good wine list. Just accept that you are paying extra for the ambiance. Casual dress is perfectly ok.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

The go to place for sitting by the river. But you must sit outside, walk past the warm tables, and listen to the river. Nice granite boulders, good coffee. The menu is OK. The service Meh. The view extraordinare.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

Food was excellent and the menu varied. Just a bit pricy for OUR tastes, but the only game in town. Service, facilities and quality was fine all 'round.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Absolutely superb in every way. Charming, friendly and helpful bar staff and great cocktails!
The owner Susan made us really feel at home. My steak was so good on the first night that I had it again on the second! Nothing was too much trouble and on a busy Friday and Saturday night all the staff were really helpful despite them all being very busy. My Budweiser Gateway glass has pride of place in my kitchen.
Well done Guys and thank you so much

Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a lovely dinner at the Gateway Restaurant next to the Kaweah River. Our Australian Lobster and Ribeye Dinner was cooked to perfection, the service was impeccable but unobtrusive, and the facility itself was delightful. I have found much more to rant about than to praise in our travels, lately, but the Gateway Restaurant far exceeded our expectations and set a very high mark that even the Big City gourmet Eateries will have to struggle to match. I am a Foodie and I was very impressed. Great job! I hope to dine, here, again soon, but next time with friends! Thanks Gateway!