WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of The Gateway Restaurant and Lodge

The Gateway Restaurant and Lodge
Ranked #7 of 15 Restaurants in Three Rivers
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Good, but a bit pricy...for us”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Food was excellent and the menu varied. Just a bit pricy for OUR tastes, but the only game in town. Service, facilities and quality was fine all 'round.

Visited October 2012

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“The best cooked steak in the USA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Absolutely superb in every way. Charming, friendly and helpful bar staff and great cocktails!
The owner Susan made us really feel at home. My steak was so good on the first night that I had it again on the second! Nothing was too much trouble and on a busy Friday and Saturday night all the staff were really helpful despite them all being very busy. My Budweiser Gateway glass has pride of place in my kitchen.
Well done Guys and thank you so much

Visited September 2012
Bakersfield, California
“A Foodie's Paradise in the CA Sequoias”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a lovely dinner at the Gateway Restaurant next to the Kaweah River. Our Australian Lobster and Ribeye Dinner was cooked to perfection, the service was impeccable but unobtrusive, and the facility itself was delightful. I have found much more to rant about than to praise in our travels, lately, but the Gateway Restaurant far exceeded our expectations and set a very high mark that even the Big City gourmet Eateries will have to struggle to match. I am a Foodie and I was very impressed. Great job! I hope to dine, here, again soon, but next time with friends! Thanks Gateway!

• Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
“OK”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Good scenery of the river...problems to park..I was conservative in my orders...and it was good...my partner thought it was good but nothing to rave about...considering the location and the choices of restaurants...this was about the best... some of these out of the way places tend to be over priced... they are almost there...all in all...since we had no Kother choices and were hungry...it was OK

Visited September 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Stopped in for view, stayed for the hospitality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

My husband and I stopped in for an evening cocktail in their well-stocked bar and stayed to have a couple of appetizers, watch football and chat with the locals. The salmon appetizer and the baked brie appetizer hit the spot after a long day on the river. Friendly place with an excellent bartender. Wish I could remember her name to thank her. Will go back and try dinner and seating on the amazing riverside patio.

• Visited October 2012