“We love this place”
Review of Buckeye Tree Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Three Rivers
Buckeye Tree Lodge
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Three Rivers
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Not a better location exists in Three Rivers. The location is perfect especially if planning on going to the park. The view and walk out to the river is the best there is. We wished we could of stayed longer so we could spend more time at the Lodge. We would go to the park during the day and return late in the day. There is much to do and see at the park. The restaurant next door to the Lodge is not cheap but it is convenient. Be sure to get the discount coupon in the office for the restaurant.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Mike L
There are newer reviews for Buckeye Tree Lodge

Reviewed May 7, 2014

My wife and I just spent a week in Las Vegas (I had a 3 day convention to attend) and we stayed in a 2 bedroom suite at one of our Hilton Grand Vacation Club timeshares (Elara) which was very nice and weren't expecting anything quite as nice but we were pleasantly surprised! We booked 2 nights in room #1 and while the property shows some wear and tear it was clean, the young lady at the front desk was most accommodating and I actually could walk the 1/4 mile to the entrance of Sequoia National Park! The little fridge and microwave were added bonuses and we were able to cook our meals right there. The river view was spectacular and my wife enjoyed the 2 days there more than the week in Las Vegas! Having Dish TV was super! The only negative thing I can thing of was the bathroom fan was noisy and came on whenever you turned on the light but there was a night light so it really wasn't that big a deal. Would I stay there again? You betcha but for a week instead of a couple days.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cwbw2017
Reviewed May 6, 2014

As mentioned before, Buckeye is not the most up to date place in terms of decor but it is situated right next to the Sequioa national park and has a river running right past your room at the back. I was so pleased we booked a night here. There is one restaurant right next to the lodge and quiet a few on the drive down the road. I would not recommend staying here without the use of a car though!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sirtravellotLondon
Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have stayed at the Buckeye Tree Lodge twice. Even though the rooms are dated, they are clean enough. The supreme attraction is the hotel is right on the river. There is a charcoal grill available (restaurants in town are mediocre) and several sycamore trees shade the yard. Each morning I woke up, ground my own in room coffee (grinder and coffee supplied) and sat under the tree listening to the birds wake up as the sun rose. If you are a bird watcher this is a wonderful place! Orioles, finches, flycatchers, hawks... amazing.
We stayed 4 nights. Beds were always made, but the room was not vacuumed or coffee beans resupplied unless I left a little note. Once I figured that out, I had no problem getting the room cleaned.

Room Tip: There are kitchenettes available across the road; however, I love being next to the river and just b...
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank birdlover2014
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed 4 nights and had a wonderful time. The room had fresh coffee beans that we ground ourselves. It opened onto a back lawn that overlooked the river, which was accessible via a short path. We sipped our coffee and bird-watched every morning. Between the sound of the river and the songs of the birds, it was idyllic. Orioles, finches, hummingbirds, hawks, and herons, there was always lots of bird activity. There was also a community grill on the lawn, so we barbequed several times, as the local restaurant fare does not always justify the price.

Room Tip: Some rooms have kitchenettes and some overlook the river.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank joel f
Reviewed February 27, 2014

We had a very relaxing and enjoyable stay here, despite the rainy / snowy weather in the national park.

We had a standard queen room, which to my surprise had a small kitchenette, table and chairs. The room was clean and came with adequate utensils and crockery. There is also a couple or chairs outside, so you can enjoy the river and mountain view.

The motel is right on the river, and overlooks vacant land and mountains. It is also a 5 minute drive to the national park. You can also take a 10 minute drive into Three Rivers for groceries and restaurants.

The owners were onsite and were very helpful in giving us tips on the local area. I think they may live on the property.

One night we did have some tenants above us, and could hear them walking around in the early morning, which woke us up. So I would request a room upstairs if you can.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank AussieBatGirl
Reviewed February 8, 2014

My wife and I just came back from 6 months in NY and were looking for some downtime near Sequoia. We searched for cabins and Buckeye came up. The lady who helped us was very thorough and helpful in finding a cabin to fit our needs. We stayed in a small cabin named Hummingbird, perfect for 2 (and a small dog). Fresh towels upon request. No cell phone service and the wi-fi is not great, but it was nice to unplug a bit. Gas heater fireplace kept our place toasty. There is a phone on grounds for use. I'm sure had we stayed closer to the main office the wi-fi would have been much better. I had to go outside to get steady wi-fi. Our room was located right next to the pool, and had a patio, lounge chair and BBQ. Fresh coffee and a grinder made for great starts to our days and one day turned into two that turned into three! The room was small, but we didnt stay inside much. Bed was cozy. The river was across the street which was the only bummer, but just a quick walk to see it. A $20 Sequoia pass is good for 7 days! To get to a spectacular sunset view you can drive 15 up the mountain or 20 minutes for an epic view (big turnaround). Perfect for photos, time lapse, video, etc. (Remember when shooting into the sun, use your flash! :) The giant Sequoias...Must. Go. See!
Overall, great little place, price and service!

Room Tip: If you want great wi-fi, be sure to let them know at the front desk...they can steer you to the best...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Corbatron
Also consider these accommodations in or near Three Rivers
Wuksachi Lodge
Wuksachi Lodge
#1 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer Family Camp
Montecito Sequoia Lodge & Summer...
#3 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
John Muir Lodge
John Muir Lodge
#2 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Best Western Exeter Inn & Suites

Been to Buckeye Tree Lodge? Share your experiences!