WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“One night was not enough...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sequoia Village Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Three Rivers
Sequoia Village Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Three Rivers B&B and Inns
San Antonio, Texas
“One night was not enough...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

I've made it a point to consult tripadvisor.com each and every time I travel now, even added the app to my droid. Once again, I was completely satisfied! After spending my first day of ten day journey through California in LA, I was happy to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city and into a quieter, more relaxed setting. I drove into Three Rivers about 11 am after spending an uneventful night in Bakersfield the night before and found the Sequoia Village Inn nestled on a slight hill just past the beautiful and historic Pumpkin Hollow bridge. I had planned on spending the whole day hiking in Sequoia National Park and after grabbing a delicious sandwich from Sierra Subs and Salads, I thought it best to attempt to at least try to check-in early just in case I didn't make it out of the park in time. Check-in for Sequoia Village Inn was across the street at the Buckeye Tree Lodge and was simple, courteous and not a second thought was given to the fact that I was basically checking in 5 hours early. After grabbing my key, I headed up the road to find the entrance to Sequoia NP not even a mile away, loved that!

I spent the next seven hours captivated by the splendid landscapes, sounds, and of course by the mightiest of all living trees, the Sequoias! There are not really very many words that can describe the world's largest (by volume) trees, you absolutely have to see them for yourself to truly appreciate their majesty. Even better, try hugging one, it's just awe-inspiring and if their height doesn't humble you, perhaps their age will.

I spent the next 5 hours hiking various trails, taking picture after picture until I came upon an old fallen Sequoia that was just begging to be climbed. It was roughly 4:30pm and the crowds had died down significantly, although I could hear the occasional screams of small children near the General Sherman Tree. However, just being there, in that enchanted forest, made the screams seem like they were a thousand miles away. Upon exploring the tree a little, I discovered a small recessed section that seemed to call to me to toss my backpack down and take a nap, so I happily laid my belongings to rest and allowed the tree to cradle me to sleep for a short, restful slumber. Thinking back, I'm all but certain that was probably the most amazing 20 minute nap I've ever had the privilege of taking.

At about 6:00pm, the sun was beginning to fade behind the western hills and I decided to make my way back down towards Three Rivers and call it a day, and what a day it had been! The down from the groves took about an hour and I pulled up to Blossom Cabin about 7pm. The lighting was perfect and I immediately felt at ease driving up the tiny, beautifully landscaped drive. I was able to park directly in front of the cabin, making it super easy to unload all my travel gear. The cabin from the outside was super cute, a small table and chairs was placed outside and a tub with what I assumed to be firewood or charcoal was right next to the main cabin door. I was so happy to walk inside and find a well appointed room with queen size bed, chair, armoire, luggage rack and two night-stands. The bathroom has a stand-up shower with soap, shampoo, and bodywash stuck conveniently to the shower wall and plenty of hot water to rest and soothe your aching muscles. Directly outside the bathroom is a small two-seat table with a window looking out onto the front patio. There is also a small kitchenette with a door leading out to the same patio and parking area, super convenient if you plan on staying for a few days and want to bring your own food. I didn't get to take advantage of this feature, however, I did use the fresh coffee bean and grinder to brew a fresh pot of coffee the morning of my departure. I slept like a baby that night with the windows open, not even bothered by the music that played from the restaurant across the street. It helped that one, I like jazz and two, the band was pretty decent.

Don't forget to check out the grounds of the Buckeye Tree Lodge across the street. You can walk down to the Kaweah River and enjoy the beautiful scenery and if you're there in May when the gardens are in full bloom, it's beautiful! Definitely picture worthy!

This place gets my vote on every level, perfect location, great price, great nights sleep, super clean, it was just me but the Blossom cabin would be perfect for a couple that wanted the peace and intimacy of the little Blossom cabin just outside one of the most amazing places in the world. I would definitely recommend the Sequoia Village Inn!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank n_esmonde

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Cloudcroft, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

We stayed here for two nights in the Dogwood Chalet. It had two bath rooms and a kitchen with a grill out front so we could cook our own meals. It was clean, quiet and comfortable. We toured Sequoia Park the second day and were pleased with the accomodations as well as the Village Market which had a wonderful meat market and all of the supplies we needed for our trip. The river runs right beside the property and it is very peaceful.

Room Tip: Dennis was very helpful choosing the right accomodations for our group
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank NewMexicoGrammer
Launceston, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

We had just flown into LA from Australia and driven up Three Rivers so were looking to have a drink agood meal and fall asleep.The outdoor resturant was fantastic with river flowing right beside us,Rooms were quaint and we had a great sleep.Good starting point to explore Sequoia Park the next day.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fishmantas
Virginia Beach, VA, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

We booked the Sequoia Village Inn but were not able to get the Falcon Cottage for our first of 4 nights. We were put in Aspen for only one night and that was not the greatest accommodation. It consists of a queen bed, a trundle, two chairs and wooden table and a tiny fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Had this been our only room, we probably would have looked to move elsewhere. What a nice surprise when we moved to Falcon. It is huge, with a brand new kitchen with granite counters, a large bath, and beautiful king bed in a log wood frame. There is a large balcony with grill and outdoor furniture as well. Everything in Three Rivers looks to be a bit rustic, but this place could not have suited our needs better.The staff are very nice and helpful and I would recommend this to anyone needing a place to stay just outside the park. The best touch is that all the rooms have a coffee grinder and beans....great way to start the day!

Room Tip: Take a look at the rooms online so you know what you are getting. We had to settle for the small roo...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
exeter
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

We stayed here for one night on our honeymoon on route to Yosemite, and absoutely loved it. We stayed in Columbine Cottage, which was perfect for the two of us. Check in was fast and friendly just across the road, and the car park was very close to the cabin, but far enough that you weren't disturbed by cars entering/leaving.

The cottage had a large deck area, a comfortable double bed, TV, fully equipped kitchen, bathroom and a store area for suitcases and clothes. It was warm and cosy, particularly as it was October and cooling off slightly from the summer. We didn't explore much of the rest of the complex, but we cooked ourselves dinner in the cabin and found everything we needed, including a welcome basket with popcorn and coffee sachets.

The cabins all had free wi-fi, we were provided with the code at check-in and it all worked fine.

Everything was clean and well cared for, and we enjoyed our stay here. Would recommend.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2011

The Sequoia Village Inn is located just outside the Three Rivers entrance/exit of Sequoia National Park. The check-in was very friendly. Blossom is the smallest cottage of all, but it is perfect for a couple. You can park your car a few steps from your cottage. From the outside, Blossom seems smaller than it is inside. There was everything you need to prepare your own meal. There are 2 entrances, one leads you inside the living room – bedroom, the other entrance is in the kitchen.
The prices are not cheap, considering the furniture is a little worn out and rustic but it is a complete “little house”. You have your own (small) BBQ in front of the cottage. We felt very “at home”. Have a look at my pictures...

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Lillycat
Irvine, California, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

“Thought we were on the river, ended up sandwiched in a hut" RIP-off”

There we were - thought we would have a great little cabin on the Kaweah River (to the tun e of $160 a night) only to find that we were at the 'same property' Sequoia Village Inn across the street, sandwiched in a non-descript cabin - God forbid one would ask for any view at all. What a rip off! !!!! The owner/manager wanted to make sure we had not been given the wrong information - what a shame -- ended up getting a $5 discount (!) upon check-out. Be sure to stay at the BUCKEYE, not the Sequoia Village across the street. The cabin was clean enough, however with a gravelly flooring in the bedroom and bath. To top it all, a motion-sensor light shone right into the bedroom intermittently - great for a sleepless night. Move on further out of the park into the town of Three Rivers and beyond, probably better for MUCH less.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
John Muir Lodge
John Muir Lodge
#3 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon

Been to Sequoia Village Inn? Share your experiences!