Sierra Lodge
$152
$135
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $162/night.

Rio Sierra Riverhouse(Three Rivers)(Great Value!)
$225
Lazy J Ranch-Americas Best Value Inn(Three Rivers)(Great Value!)
$180
TripAdvisor
The Log House Lodge(Three Rivers)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsminor inconveniencelending librarysequoia npsmall table with chairsdecent place to stayrustic feelshower stallspacious roomcontinental breakfastcable tvretroentrancefireplacecoffeemakerporchice
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We originally booked this place so we could get as close to Yosemite Wednesday night, cut down the 5 hour trip to 3 1/2, and explore Sequoia national park at the same time. We arrived at 10:30 p.m. Wed and woke up Thursday morning ready to see the park.

The hotel is nice, with a surprisingly big floorplan for a room at this price ($70). There was a big king bed, a wood burning fireplace, a dinning table, closet, etc. The room was clean. The toilet was leaking at the base, however, this was minimal and was our only complaint about the room.

The staircase leading up to the rooms was....interesting. It was even more interesting carrying our luggage up the steps as it's VERY narrow and since it is metal, can be icy in winter or when it rains (which it did the day we checked out).

The hotel is 4 miles from the entrance of the park take into consideration that the Giant Forest (Sequoia's big draw for many) is still another 17 miles, including road work area that closes sometimes, so plan accordingly.

All in all this was an amazing place for the price and would recommend it if you were in the mood of a day or two in Sequoia National Park. The staff is friendly, and breakfast was nice.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dust89
Reviewed April 7, 2011

Me and my girlfriend stayed a couple of nights here whilst visiting Sequoia National Park. In terms of location, it is ideal - just a few miles down the road from the entrance, which matters because the drive to the top of the park to see the sights such as the General Sherman Tree takes about 45 minutes.

The guest area and rooms themselves are really kitsch, full of 50's style Americana - moose heads, ye olde pictures, shag rugs, paintings of bears and deers - you get the idea. Personally, I loved it, and found it really good fun, but it might not be to everyone's taste. I found the owners to be really nice, friendly and helpful hosts, with good local knowledge - they recommend the River View bar down the road, which served up the best steak I've had yet in the US!

Contrary to what others have said, the wi-fi does work fine, and is a good solid 10-20meg connection, and is entirely free. I also really appreciated the free (strong) coffee and pastries each morning, it was a nice touch.

The rooms were a good size, homely and comfortable, with a big fridge and fun decor. My only complaint would be that the lack of double glazing, combined with the busy road outside, does make it a tad noisy - but then, that's what ear plugs are for right! Anyway, after a day hiking in the forest, you sleep fine whatever, so don't listen to the critics, this is a fun good value good location place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LiberalThug
Reviewed March 31, 2011

After driving through terential rain and 100 mile long traffic jam, we were desperate for a relaxing nice hotel. We got it. I believe it was the manager that saw to us when we arrived at 10pm. Really nice guy, chatted to him for a while, then were shown where we would be staying.
We were gutted the weather was so bad as a swim in the outdoor pool would have been heaven, the views from there were so nice.
Our room was great, we loved it. Clean, warm and having another heater in the bathroom was a saviour as it was quite chilly when we were there!
After reading other peoples reviews, a lot talk about it being outdated. But to us, it just doesn't matter, it added to our experience and I'd happily stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cherrykim
Reviewed October 3, 2010

Stayed here before, they do accept pets. Unfortunately, I failed to mention that when making reservations with travel agency. Didn't realize it was going to be such an inconvenience seeing as they're going to charge you anyway. It's just the way it was handled, they charge you and make you feel unwelcome. The windows were broken. Couldn't close them after they were opened. OK. But then housekeeping fixed it, then I couldn't open them. Had a sliding glass door, but didn't have a screen door like my friend had with his room. Kinda hard to enjoy that mountain fresh air when you can't really open the windows or doors. Sleep is minimal because one side of hotel is located on the highway, so every car that drives by will wake you up. Again, my friend got the better room located away from the highway. Staff should use the phrase "I'm sorry, but I really don't know" instead of demonstrating lack of interest in a patron. My friend asked a staff member a question regarding the area's restaurants, hiking, etc. And the response was unhelpful. My friend said she felt like she was asking the staff a stupid question. Even checking out, yea sure the receptionist was smiling. But as soon as I handed over the room key, 2 seconds and the person couldn't care less about you anymore. Didn't even ask me about my stay. Again, my friend said he didn't have that experience. Yet the reservations were under my name and I paid for the rooms. To top it all off, the rooms were backwards. My friend was suppose to get 2 beds and a smoking room. And I was suppose to get 1 bed and non-smoking. It ended up being the other way around. That's what mean by verifying all info with hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Having read reviews I wasn't expecting it to be great! However, for one night it was fine. The pool was clean and had a great view. The centre of the pool was deep and the water was cold, but as it was 90 degrees that was quite refreshing. The room was so tiny but OK and although the bathroom was also very small, everything worked! The surprise was that breakfast was included and it was a very pleasant continental one!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple