“Sequoia trip”

Casa mendoza
Ranked #8 of 17 Restaurants in Three Rivers
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed September 17, 2014 via mobile

Ate there Sunday night. Waitress very friendly and kept our basket of chips and salsa full. reasonable prices large portions. Highly recommend.

Reviewed September 13, 2014

We had dinner here twice and it was perfect for casual outdoor dinner! Service was rather slow but there were many people eating at the same time. Waiters were really nice and food was good! Late dinner wasn't a problem!

Reviewed September 5, 2014

Four of us dined at Table 19 on the deck after a long day in the park. Very good food and a lot of it. Wife said it was the best Quesadilla she's ever eaten - and she's eaten many! Only complaint I heard was about the pork tamale. Apparently it tasted odd. Service was a bit slow but we weren't in any hurry so no problems. Waitress apologized for the wait so I'm guessing they were short on help. Great time.

Reviewed September 2, 2014

Fabulous food, quite fresh (tough in the mountains, I think to do). Generous portions, fluffy rice, and terrific service. The deck is clean, nice view, and has a very relaxed very dress down atmosphere. Fine for families.

Reviewed August 31, 2014

Just out of our visit to Sequoia National Park and hungry as the bears the signs tell everyone not to approach, we saw Casa Mendoza like a beacon to the hungry traveler and make a quick turn in to get some evening nosh.

The place is simple and almost cafeteria-like inside -- little to no ambience, but outside seating on picnic style tables was very pleasant as evening encroached and the heat of the day diminished. There was music to dine by--a solo guitar/singer doing popular rock and folk covers.

The food was so-so. My Delta Special had steak, shrimp, and chicken in a sauce . . . but the steak and chicken both were overcooked and rather bland in taste. A group of 4, I also heard "bland" from one of the others who got the green enchiladas. The men were less picky and devoured their dishes. Desert, the only one they had--Flan--was excellent. Coffee with dessert was sadly weak, and I could not even drink the cup.

So 50/50--food is so/so. Outside seating and music and good company is nice. Waitress was a little spacey. When I asked for salsa with my dish, she disappeared and wasn't seen for 20 minutes. We had to get up, go in, grab some salsa ourselves. It's a Mexican restaurant, so that's a little odd.

But, if you are hungry like a bear . . . it'll do. It was a long ride back to Bakersfield!

1  Thank Marielle O