“Dirty, worn out, unsafe and staff unavailable” 1 of 5 stars
Review of RiverFront Cabins Kaweah General Store

RiverFront Cabins Kaweah General Store
Sassenheim, The Netherlands
“Dirty, worn out, unsafe and staff unavailable”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

We left after one night as we were horrified by how filthy our cabin was. We rented cabin #9 as it looked attractive on the internet. Reality is that the place was worn out, very close to the highway which gave a lot of noise, unsafe as we could not lock the door to the deck in a deserted place (there was just no lock) and most of all: filthy. We could not even touch the pans and cutlery as all was extremely greasy and covered by dust. The floor was filled with dead flies and sand everywhere. The basic needs were missing (there was only one knife and we were four in a large 'family cabin'. We found large chocolate and grease stains on the table outside. But when we lifted the BBQ lid, we decided to leave. It was filled with cigarettes and rotten meat. Would have to have been so romantic, turned out to be deserted, surrounded by dump and a big disappointment. Never again.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars
6 Thank 178Nicolette

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Franklin, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

We stayed in CABIN 10. Wonderful location to NATIONAL PARK. Personal were VERY FRIENDLY and when we had a problem, was fixed promptly. Location next to river had the family fishing. Big plus was to have the family dog with us also. THUMBS UP FOR FAMILY GET TOGETHER

Room Tip: Don't need fitness center with plenty of outdoor area to play in. Bunk beds in loft great for g...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank c p
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My family and I did NOT want to leave! Our cabin was amazing! We can not wait to come back! This is seriously the best cabin I've ever been in. FULLY equipped, plenty of room for a family, and more. The view was spectacular, the river streamed through and could swim, which we did, and a small trail. We saw dears, beavers, and other harmless animals. My daughters even spelt outside on the long chairs because the night view of the stars were truly amazing! And if you are a couple there are cabins thatll suit you well! I give this cabin 10 stars if I could. I definitely recommend this cabin to you!
Monica.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank Mexymex32
Millbrae, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

There are a few decent aspects to this place. The location is good, right in Three Rivers, just outside of Sequoia NP. It is easy to find and it is on a lovely little river. There are also some decent amenities - grill, laundry facilities, ets. For the money however, this place is pretty poor because it is really dirty. The walls are really gross with dirt and dead bugs all over and the furniture is so old and dirty looking that no one really wanted to sit on it. There was a slight oder when we walked in that they had tried to mask with massive amounts of glade air freshener that gave everyone a headache. There weren't even fitted sheets on the beds. The upstairs loft is up a very rickety ladder making trips to the bathroom downstair at night very difficult and there is very little ventilation so it is pretty unpleasant up there. This was way more money than staying at some of the lodging options in and around the park that are better kept and cost less money. I wish we had done those instead. This place has some potential though, just wish they would clean it up!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
3 Thank M M

Travelers are raving about these Three Rivers hotels

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Hug rooms, very clean, nice riverfront property, few miles from Sequioa National Park main entrance, fully equipped with microwave, forks, knifes, spoons, ane anything you may need for a cooking. Overall I would highly recommend and when back in Sequoia will come to this hotel..

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank juliatapia
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

LOCATION – Very easy to find, right on the main road through the town. Right beside the river. Petrol station, grocery and liquor store in the vicinity. There is someone on site to help with any queries, and he was friendly and helpful, but you must first pick up keys at the resort reception at the Kaweah General Store about 1 mile from the accommodation.

ACCOMODATION – Large bright property with a double bed downstairs in the living area and double and twin beds in the dorma upstairs. Dorma was very hot, but a large fan was provided. Large fully equipped kitchen, with full size oven and the usual appliances you would expect. Sliding doors that were hard to open lead out to a large wooden platform with BBQ and furniture, overlooking the river. Nice to sit on in the evening with wildlife around and the back of the property overlooking the river is very peaceful.

Nice bathroom with toiletries but no hairdryer. Tap water is not drinkable, but bottled water was provided. Accommodation is comfortable enough for a longer stay than the two nights I stayed.

The cabin was fairly new when we stayed, so I assumed the landscaping outside was not finished as it was a tad scruffy, with exposed pipes and uneven paving.

TIP - There is a bit of road noise from the front of the accomodation and the curtains are a bit thin, so if you are a light sleeper take an eye mask and some ear plugs

VALUE FOR MONEY – Could have been a bit cheaper, but on the whole yes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Over_Land_And_Sea
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Spent three nights here in Cabin 9 as a base camp for exploring Sequoia National Park. I found it to be clean and comfortable and they let us have our two small dogs. It's a large cabin with a loft upstairs that had two twins and a queen bed. Downstairs had a full kitchen, bathroom with shower, Satellite TV, pub table, two recliners and a queen bed. There was a huge deck outside with plenty of chairs and a BBQ that over looked the river. It was a bit chilly so we didn't much time outside.

The path leading to the cabin was not easily accessible for someone who might have trouble getting around. When we arrived it was rainy, muddy and dark. Made for a challenge to unload as we had to park a little ways away and carry our stuff in. The cabin looked to be recently updated. Everything seemed new. The water from sink is not for drinking or cooking without some filtration as it comes from the river. There was a sign that said drinking water was provided, but I didn't see any, and I had my own so I didn't pursue it with the manager. If you intend to cook you might want to bring your own kitchenware. There were only a few small pots in the house, nothing for in the oven. Plenty of silverware and knives, plates, three mugs, glasses and plastic cups. I'm sure if I had asked the manager I could have borrowed more cookware from another cabin, but I didn't really want to cook! We got a pizza from in town that was good, and BBQ one night. There was hot water at all the sinks, but the shower was barely warm. As you can see, I wasn't in complaint mode so I also let this one go.

Everyone I dealt with was very friendly. The grounds are full of interesting artifacts. I don't think I'd let a small child run around out there. There is a lot of random stuff scattered around the property. There was wifi but it didn't extend as far as Cabin 9 so we had to walk up by the office to get a signal. No cell phone signal at all in this town. We were cut off and it was kind of nice!

There was nothing really unpleasant about our stay. I'd give more stars if the water was hotter, and there was a bit more cookware. They get points for everything being new, no bad smells and it was very clean. I can't speak as to the condition of the other cabins, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
#2 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
4.0 of 5 stars 534 reviews
Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
Western Holiday Lodge Three Rivers

Been to RiverFront Cabins Kaweah General Store? Share your experiences!