“Quiet Weekend at Cabin 9” 3 of 5 stars
Review of RiverFront Cabins Kaweah General Store

RiverFront Cabins Kaweah General Store
Los Angeles, California
“Quiet Weekend at Cabin 9”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Spent three nights here in Cabin 9 as a base camp for exploring Sequoia National Park. I found it to be clean and comfortable and they let us have our two small dogs. It's a large cabin with a loft upstairs that had two twins and a queen bed. Downstairs had a full kitchen, bathroom with shower, Satellite TV, pub table, two recliners and a queen bed. There was a huge deck outside with plenty of chairs and a BBQ that over looked the river. It was a bit chilly so we didn't much time outside.

The path leading to the cabin was not easily accessible for someone who might have trouble getting around. When we arrived it was rainy, muddy and dark. Made for a challenge to unload as we had to park a little ways away and carry our stuff in. The cabin looked to be recently updated. Everything seemed new. The water from sink is not for drinking or cooking without some filtration as it comes from the river. There was a sign that said drinking water was provided, but I didn't see any, and I had my own so I didn't pursue it with the manager. If you intend to cook you might want to bring your own kitchenware. There were only a few small pots in the house, nothing for in the oven. Plenty of silverware and knives, plates, three mugs, glasses and plastic cups. I'm sure if I had asked the manager I could have borrowed more cookware from another cabin, but I didn't really want to cook! We got a pizza from in town that was good, and BBQ one night. There was hot water at all the sinks, but the shower was barely warm. As you can see, I wasn't in complaint mode so I also let this one go.

Everyone I dealt with was very friendly. The grounds are full of interesting artifacts. I don't think I'd let a small child run around out there. There is a lot of random stuff scattered around the property. There was wifi but it didn't extend as far as Cabin 9 so we had to walk up by the office to get a signal. No cell phone signal at all in this town. We were cut off and it was kind of nice!

There was nothing really unpleasant about our stay. I'd give more stars if the water was hotter, and there was a bit more cookware. They get points for everything being new, no bad smells and it was very clean. I can't speak as to the condition of the other cabins, but I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank world_in_my_eyes

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2011

We like it very much. We are easygoing people. I think every one should be grateful what we got. The owner is a nice lady.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank reliang
Palm Desert, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2011

Our reservation was for 5 nights so we could explore Sequoia and Kings NP's. We hadn't even been there one night and we were looking for something else. We booked the "charming cabin suite" and it was anything but charming. It was described as having a full kitchen but only had an under counter, dorm size fridge. We had to cover the 2 sofas with extra sheets because the sofas were so dirty and worn. The bed was very hard and my back in still complaining. The grounds are covered in that powdery dust that clouds up around you when you walk on it or drive on it. The floors were clean when we arrived, but were filthy by the time we'd unloaded. Luckily, the Comfort Inn had room and we were able to switch and luckily we got 4 nights refunded (we did have to stay one night). The funny thing was they charged us $10 per night per pet (we have two cats) so we thought it must be pretty nice to charge that; what a joke!

Room Tip: There isn't a best room!
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank freelandjaci

Travelers are raving about these Three Rivers hotels

Sebastopol, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

My son, two grandsons and I stayed at Kaweah General Store cabins in August. We had the largest, two story cabin. The upstairs was very hot, and had no windows to open for ventillation. They provided a box fan which circulated the warm air, but never cooled the room. Downstairs I found I could not open the sliding door or the blinds. The kitchen was poorly equipted, lacking basics like a large bowl to mix a sald etc.. There were no pans for the oven. Not even a broiler pan. It did have stove top pots and a fry pan. You could not drink the water and it smelled like rotten eggs. We were provided with a gallon of botteled water. Maintenence was greatly lacking here. The boys did enjoy swimming in the river and we found a roap swing hanging from a tree they could swing from. The people were pleasant and friendly. I would only rate it 2 stars. We found Three Rivers to be a good location to access Sequoia National Park, but much too long a drive to make a day trip into Kings Canyon.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandy33069
tournai
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

They lost our reservation so they ruined our vacation. Not even sorry

• Stayed August 2010
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank voyageurantilles
Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

Cabins are located on the river, spectacular mountain and river views, with private large backyard and access to the river, really nice! Several outdoor seating areas and BBQ's are available. There are also benches, direct by the river bed, perfect for fishing, relaxing, for a picnic or just for enjoying the scenery.
The cabins are comfortable and suitable furnished, nicely decorated and very clean.
Cabins are located not far from the southern entrance of the Sequoia National Park, restaurants and the market are very close.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Maerkel
Bakersfield, Ca
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

First of all, I never received anything to sigh upon checking in. Then, as instructed by management "if you need anything, come to the General Store and ask". The smoke detectors had dead batteries; the loft for my children was hot as he#l and the ceiling fan didn't work even after we tinkered around with all the pulls and switches, so they didn't get to "camp" up there; the swamp-cooler in my bedroom was blowing hot air so we disassembled it and cleaned out the 2 filters and reassembled it; the smell of urine in both bedrooms & the loft area was overwhelmingly disgusting (even after I purchased carpet-fresh and sprinkled throughout all of it) also, burned candles with no relief. Horrible experience.[--]

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
#2 of 4 in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
4.0 of 5 stars 522 reviews
Comfort Inn & Suites Sequoia Kings Canyon
Western Holiday Lodge Three Rivers

Been to RiverFront Cabins Kaweah General Store? Share your experiences!