First of all, let's get one thing out of the way: Most things the one and two point reviews say is true: The motel looks like a relic from the sixties. The standard of the rooms is depressinly bad, there is no shampoo, no lotion, no alarm clock. Additionally, the rooms are not exactly dirty, but look more like they were cleaned by someone who was in a hurry.
But all that completely misses the point: Sequoia Motel is one of the most welcoming, charming places I've visited in years, run by a nice lady with a dog named Abby. The garden looks wonderful, the rooms, while very basic and a bit dusty, are charmingly decorated, and bad standards and lackluster cleaning notwithstanding you never feel like you'll get some terrible sickness from staying in a dirty room (see my other reviews for places like that).
All in all, problems aside, this place would get a five-star rating from me, wouldn't it be for the price. Around a hundred bucks per night may be what you pay for having a room right next to the entrance to Sequoia National Park, but given the room's standards it's terrble value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A charming combination of motel rooms and cabins. Just 4 miles form the gate of Sequoia Park. Come relax and enjoy the flower gardens and swimming pool after a great day of exploring Three Rivers and Sequoia Kings Canyon National Park. Tom and Chris make every effort to make your stay a memorable one. Sequoia Motel is featured in the French travel guidebook 'Le Guide du Routard'. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Sequoia Motel in Three Rivers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sequoia Motel In Three Rivers Hotel Three Rivers
- Sequoia Motel In 3 Rivers
- Sequoia Hotel Three Rivers
- Sequoia Motel Three Rivers