“Good enough if you aren't picky”
Review of Circle S Lodge

Circle S Lodge
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Gering
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The Circle S Lodge worked for me because I'm rather fond of the old row motels, but I also recognize most of my friends would pass it by. It is a modest motel that seems mostly to host extended stay workers. The manager was pleasant and showed me a snack room where you could make instant coffee or have packaged sweet rolls and donuts. My room was clean and quiet and I felt safe. Room decor was modest motel style. The only convenient electrical outlet I could find to recharge my phone was in the bathroom. There was cable TV; I didn't try to access the wifi. There was a clock radio, but it was stationed across the room from the bed. There wasn't a closet, but there was a rack on the wall to hang clothes if you had hangers. The bottom of the tub was peeling, but had a shower mat strategically placed on top of it. There is a liquor store on one side and a convenience store and a bar on the other. A grocery store is about a half mile down the road.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank Kathyonlake

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I had a great stay at the Circle S Lodge, friendly people, clean rooms, pet friendly for my very old dog. The beds a nice, new and very comfortable. Room decore is pleasing and pleasant. The manager is a very freindly gal with lots of energy, willing to make you stay comfortable and wonderful.

Room Tip: Main building rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Candace F
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I found myself in Scottsbluff, Nebraska looking for a place to stay the night. The overpriced chain motels were full, the independents were dirty and in bad repair.
I found Circle S Lodge in nearby Gering. It was great. Inexpensive, in excellent repair ( the maintenance guy does first rate work) and immaculate (the maids are obviously really good at what they do).
Heather at the front desk is personable, knowledgeable, helpful and just a fine person.
A lot of the guests are extended stay or repeat customers. They must agree with me.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank Bill M
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Updated, clean rooms with new beds. Better rates and nicer rooms than hotels in the area. The staff are great - especially Heather who runs the place. Nothing but good things regarding my stay, and I will definitely stay again if back in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
7  Thank Curtis H
Reviewed July 13, 2012

The room is updated nicely. There is a microwave & mini fridge in the room. The mirror in the bathroom is a high above the sink. I'm 5'.... my daughter & I used the cooler I brought as a step stool to get our hair done. The beds are VERY firm. There is a commons/ vending room near the office with donuts, self made drinks, soda machine, & ice dispenser. There is a convenience store to the East of motel. Then a Western dancing saloon/bar just to the East of that, Oregon Trail Lounge.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
7  Thank 7FisherNuts
Reviewed June 19, 2012

We have stayed at this lodge every year for the last few years for the weekend of Father's Day for the annual High Plains Car Show and have always found it a pleasant atmosphere and very accomidating for all aspects of family. We travel as a group and we take dogs, kids and the staff is always very accepting and cordial to all. We plan on returning there again next year and each year after.

Room Tip: For our choices any of the rooms work though we do like the rooms grouped together and we usually re...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank Dee P
wygolfer74, Owner at Circle S Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

We're very glad you enjoyed your stay, and hope you come back again!

Reviewed February 6, 2012

This motel is recently re-done and is very nice. The front desk lady is very friendly and will tend to your needs. I had a room that had a bedroom side with a tv and a living room side with a tv. I will definetly stay again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
8  Thank John M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gering
Arcadia Hotel
Comfort Inn Scottsbluff
Comfort Inn Scottsbluff
#5 of 9 in Scottsbluff
Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Scottsbluff

Been to Circle S Lodge? Share your experiences!