“Very nice!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gering
Washington, Illinois, United States
“Very nice!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

The Queen Suite I was in was very nice and roomy. It smelled clean when I first got there and was taken care of each day. All of the staff I spoke to were polite and friendly. When I got there the first day, my luggage was didn't! I explained to the woman at the desk that they were going to deliver my suitcase later if it showed up on the next flight. She was very sympathetic and gave me a 10% discount card at a local restaurant. That was above and beyond to me!
The breakfasts could have been a little better, with more choices of hot food. There are 3 warmers, and rarely were they all 3 in use. The doors slam loudly and other guests woke me several times - bring earplugs! I also thought it odd that hair dryers do not come standard in every room. Overall, my stay was very good and I would definitely choose this hotel for a return visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Joni S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Littleton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

They accept dogs!! I was in town for the dog show, but had made reservations at another hotel which I promptly checked out of! I asked if they had any rooms and they did! Great place, nice room like a mini suite, non smoking and they take dogs!! Thank you!

Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Lori E
atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

This is the only place to stay in the Scottsbluff area if you want a nice place that allows dogs. Very clean, modern and classy. Comfy beds and personable and accommodating staff. We loved it and will be back!

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank beachrunner55
Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Very clean and comfortable. Guest services make you feel like family. Value is exceptional. We have family in the area and have stayed here several times. It's never been a disappointment. Nice continental breakfast. Just remember to bring your own hair dryer, hair conditioner and body lotion. If you forget your hair dryer, one is available at the front desk.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank CindyARobin
Scottsbluff, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2012

This is out third stay at the Monument Inn and Suites in Scottsbluff Nebraska and as has been our experience in the past we were not disappointed. The accommodations are very nice and the staff are excellent. You have a great product and staff thank you.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jay K
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012 via mobile

We recently spent 11 days at the Monument Inn and Suites in Gering Nebraska and would recommend it highly. The hospitality shown to us was truly outstanding. The staff was very friendly as well as very helpful. When we had a question or problem, someone would always try to help and if they couldn't, they would go out of their way to find someone who could. The room we had was very quiet, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was was most outstanding,always plenty to eat and hot(not the usual cold cereal & stale bakery).
All in all we considered this our home away from home and will definitely stay there on our future trips to Gering. Again, we highly recommend the Inn to one and all!! :-)

Phil & Jean Helmer. Wisconsinites :-)

Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Dawn R
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

Monument Inn & Suites in Gering, NE is an excellent choice for travelers of all kinds. I have had a few stays and I would highly recommend booking your stay here over any other in the area. I am a salesman and I stay at countless hotels all over the place and I found the hospitality here to be paramount to the rest. Here's way:

1. Friendly Staff -- The ladies are eager to lend a helping hand and accommodate your needs. They greet you with a smile and are actually quite conversational. They really care about the quality of your stay.

2. Clean Rooms -- They do a great job at keeping the place clean and offering a very neat and tidy room. The rooms are brightly lit and are nicely furnished. The bedding is always fresh and soft. The bathrooms are also quite nice, and the towels are what you wish for.

3. Great Food -- most hotels say they offer good food, but this one really delivers. The breakfast is different every day, from build-your-own breakfast burritos to pancakes, waffles, hashbrowns, egg mcmuffins. They also offer fruit, cereal, oatmeal, and all kinds of toast and bagels. They have a machine that dispenses vanilla chai, cappacino, and hot chocolate at all hours of the day andthey brew fresh coffee all day. They also serve OJ and apple juice. No styrophone plates or plastic silveware -- nice cutlery makes a big difference for me.

4. Exercise Facility -- Monument Inn has a room for exercising with treadmill, weight machine and bicycle as well.

The reason that I chose to write a review was not all of what its above. The real reason was that after coming 'home' from a log day of work they had a hot pot of soup waiting in the lobby and it hit the spot. With hotels I find that it is the small things that set them apart from the rest. Its sounds silly but after being out in the cold all day, a bowl of soup solidified my choice to stay here.

If you are vacationing, the hotel is very close to Scottsbluff National Monument.

I plan to stay here any time I am in the area, which is quite often. I was not only satisfied with my stay but i was IMPRESSED.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gering
Fairfield Inn & Suites Scottsbluff
#5 of 9 in Scottsbluff
Circle S Lodge
Circle S Lodge
#3 of 3 in Gering

Been to Monument Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!