“Recent Stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Gering
Lincoln
“Recent Stay”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have never had such a great experience as I did recently at the Monument Inn in Gering Nebraska. The staff went above and beyond anything that I have ever experienced.
They have such dedicated staff they were taking people to airports and other hotels that needed a ride! These staff members were technically not on the clock when they did that. Two people I want to particularly mention is Deanna (and her finance' who does not even work there).
I would guess that this type of courtesy and caring must start at the top and trickle down!
Well done.
Cat

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DorchesterCat

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Chesapeake, Virginia
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed one night at the Monument Inn and we were very pleased with our visit. The room is attractive with a full mirror for the back wall and appealing-looking beds. During a two-week sightseeing trip where we stayed at 12 different hotels, this was among our favorites. Even the outside was neat looking with an authentic covered wagon out front and a view of the distant buttes.

The beds were comfy, the room clean and the staff very friendly. The woman at the desk even made a phone call to a local store for me to see if they were open. There is a microwave and frig in the room. One drawback for some is that there is no elevator, but you should be able to request a first floor room so that would not be a problem.

The breakfast was very nice: hot scrambled eggs, ground beef mixture, hash browns, cereal, fruit, yogurt, bagels and various breads. All this and the price was only $70 plus tax for a two-queen bed room. This was among our lowest cost hotel rooms on the trip - as well as being one of our favorites. That's what I call a win-win situation.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a great place to stay while staying in the Gering/Scottsbluff area. Was in town for my cousin's wedding and reception was right across the parking lot from the convention center. Housekeeping was excellent and so was the breakfast in the morning. Very spacious rooms and comfortable beds! You cannot go wrong with booking a room here!

Room Tip: 2nd floor room
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed September 13, 2012

It had been a few years since we stayed here and we were a little worried that the quality might have deteriorated, as so often happens. Not to worry! The Monument Inn (formerly the Microtel) has changed hands, but it has also been updated. Furniture was super-comfortable (although you might want to bring your own pillow). The complimentary breakfast was delicious, hot, and something new every day. The staff was friendly, and having a fridge and microwave in our room was just one more thing that contributed to our comfortable stay. The rooms also have plenty of drawer space. We'll be back!

Room Tip: We prefer the second floor, away from the ice machine!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 10, 2012

I vsit my family frequently in scottsbluff i can assure u i will be going back again. It was a very pleasurable experience for me and my family and one we plan to enjoy again. The staff and the manager went beyond their duties to ensure our stay was comfortable.

• Stayed May 2012
Scottsbluff, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My experience at the Monument inn was one that I will always remember. The staff and atmosphere was always cheery. I don't remember seeing a frown on the managers face. The room was positively amazing. It was very clean and nice looking. One thing I loved most about the room was how comfortable the furniture was. They were so helpful and kind I will always choose to stay here above all places.

Room Tip: All rooms are awesome!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Fort Dodge, Iowa, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2012

They say it was built as a MicroTel. I stayed in a queen suite. I'm not sure why it wasn't a king suite. Lots of room. Nice under-counter fridge and microwave on the counter with a bar sink next to it. All in all it was a decent sized room for mid-level property. Plenty of outlets for a change. Nice work area but the bed kind-of cramed you for space. But I still got a lot done in my off time.

The room was very quiet. But I had no one in either room on either side of me. I'm sure that had something to do with it, but I don't know how much. It was a handicap suite as that is what they had left on the ground floor and I prefer the ground floor as I don't travel light - computers, printers, mini office, etc.

Breakfast was ok. Yes, they had hot items. But I don't like the food service egg patties in the first place. They had scrabbled eggs the first and third mornings with the egg patties for breakfast on the second morning. We're doing the no belly fat diet and that makes breakfast a challenge at any motel.

All of the help had great attitudes and did their best to treat me like a friend visiting their home. You may hear that a lot, but this place seemed to have an even better attitude than what I would "normally" encounter. The desk help and the breakfast help were friendly like we've been freinds for years and we see each other all the time.

They don't have a pool and I didn't use the fitness room, so I didn't rate those items. The fitness room wasn't anything fancy, but it was there if you wanted it.

Room Tip: I try to stay on the ground level. It makes getting out in the morning much easier. My work doesn...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Gering
Fairfield Inn & Suites Scottsbluff
#5 of 9 in Scottsbluff
Days Inn Scottsbluff
Days Inn Scottsbluff
#7 of 9 in Scottsbluff

Been to Monument Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!