“Great subs and salads”

J & M Italian Specialty
Ranked #42 of 111 Restaurants in Saugus
Cuisines: Soups
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Always good food. I especially love their cheesesteak sub - they also have pizza and calzone but I'm hooked on their subs.

There are newer reviews for J & M Italian Specialty

Reviewed June 11, 2013

The chicken salad on pita bread is an amazing sandwich which I pick up for my husband and I to share. It's alway been more than we can eat.
I ordered one today and was surprised that it was ready for me so quickly. I've never minded waiting the 20 minutes while they bake the pita bread that I rave about.
I opened the sandwich before I got home; the bread was cold and it was less than the oppulant size I stop at J & M for.
I called my husband to suggest he pick up something else for dinner before he got home.
Maybe it was made by a new employee. It was sparce compared to past sandwiches.
I noticed J & M's web site states, "Our bread is baked fresh everyday in Boston's North End". Maybe the pita bread is no longer baked to order.
The chicken salad was the usual excellent quality but no reason to make the stop anymore.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Best steak n cheese around, served on a braided roll. When out of state relatives come home to visit steak n cheese is on the list of places to eat. I've even ordered one not cooked and flown with it to california to surprise a cousin.

1  Thank sunrise010
Reviewed July 19, 2011

In my book, J&M's best feature is its staff. Each one of them are eager-to-please and very kind individuals. Plain pizza is not all that great, but other pizzas are much better. The freshly made subs are wonderful.

2  Thank redsoxgirl93
Reviewed April 19, 2011

I've had several different things here, never disapointed. Steak and Cheese, Cold cut subs, it's all good. The Chicken Broccoli is superb, will be ordering a tray for my next party. Everything made fresh so call ahead so your order is ready when you arrive. No seating here.