“Works For Me!”

Ranked #5 of 113 Restaurants in Saugus
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have been going to kelly's for as long as I can remember. I try to bring friends here whenever they visit. To me, this is how roast beef sandwiches should be made! Serving portions are made to share.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We took a couple of friends to Kelly's in Saugus because we all had a taste for something different. One wanted sea food, another wanted a sandwich, another something different. The place was amazingly clean and the quick service with food delivered at the table was great. The roast beef sandwich was (as they have been for years) absolutely delicious. The sea food not so much, my friends from out of town thought that the clams were under cooked, the scallops over cooked and the onion rings were just okay (if you ate them before they had a chance to go to room temperature). A great feature is that they have a closed in area for a kids play room, for those that like a little quiet time.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I don't often visit fast-food restaurants, nor do I often crave fried foods; Kelly's is an exception. I make a point of dining here on each trip to visit my wife's family in the area.
The fried seafood is light; not overcooked, over-battered or overly salty like the mess that is too often served at other fried seafood restaurants. I've never had the roast beef, so I can't speak for it, but everything I've had at Kelly's was delicious. The service is fast and polite, and the dining area and restrooms are clean and attractive.
The prices impress one as being rather high, but the enormous servings and high quality of the food pretty much make up for it.

1  Thank Sniip3r
Reviewed April 28, 2013

Have stopped here twice lately on our way to the Cape and Boston. We try to time our trips so we can stop for lunch. They do a simple roast beef on a roll. You can add cheese or onion or both. The roast beef is freshly sliced, warm, tender and just perfect. The fries and onion rings are also very good. I was pleasantly surprised with the quality of the garden salad, lots of fresh red pepper and cukes and good lettuce. Their asiago ranch dressing is a treat. There are a few other things on the limited menu but I can't seem to get past the roast beef!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

Kelly's is an institution in the Boston area, this one - on Rt 1 - has the same great roast beef and lobster rolls that the one in Revere has. We were especially pleased when I left my cell phone in the restaurant and they bent over backwards to find out who owned the phone and made extraordinary efforts to get it back to me...also LOVE the fish tanks in the restaurants!